Your "go-to" food

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Yes!

2 Boilermakers!:eek:

There used to be [might still be] a restaurant in Columbus Ohio named the Kahiki. They had a drink called 'the Kahiki swizzle.' It had TEN different kinds of RUM in it. Needless to say, I don't remember what else is in it.:rolleyes:

The Kahiki:

http://www.kahiki.com/about-us/supper-club-video.html

Dan

Boy! Talk about a blast from the past! The Kahiki was really a neat place with such a neat atmosphere. Was so sad when it closed down and was then torn down! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

What a fun post. Several things on here that I have never tried, but will in June! (chilled soups, Bitters & Blanc)

As soon as we board, mine is always the drink of the day, Rueben & French Fries! YUMMO!

But I love love love the Chocolate Melting Cake, Pizza & Ceaser Salad.

I was the ruben for me until I tried DW's turkey from the deli - unbelievably good!

The first night they have sweet & sour shrimp. Pass on the sauce. We got to the buffet and grab a plateful for the balcony as an appetizer before our late seating dinner!

I was the ruben for me until I tried DW's turkey from the deli - unbelievably good!

The first night they have sweet & sour shrimp. Pass on the sauce. We got to the buffet and grab a plateful for the balcony as an appetizer before our late seating dinner!

The sweet and sour shrimp is very good - minus the sauce. I also love the chicken satay.

Escargot... yummmmmmmmmm .... I had 2 orders last cruise. Next time I'm going for 3.

Three is my record - I could have eaten more, but there would be little room left for the entrée!

When we sailed on the Celebrity Constellation and they brought the Escargot Bourguignonne to me with out the small piece of toast - I asked about getting a piece of toast and he looked at me like I had two heads. That's just the way that I have become accustomed to seeing it served (on Carnival). I have ordered it elsewhere as well, and NO TOAST!!!

Tom

OMG, they have Rubens? I've gotta try one! I haven't been to the deli yet.

Oh man are you in for a treat! The Reubens are piled mile high with corned beef (if you ask for extra :D) I always get one first thing and pretty much go to the deli each day for lunch....DW loves their tuna wrap...it is awesome to say the least (although I would not say they are the best I have ever had....once you have a Reuben at Carnegi Deli in NYC you are pretty much spoiled :D)!

oh yeah, I love the goat cheese and mushroom pizza too!!!!!! :D

For me it was the goat cheese and mushroom pizza. I had it a few years back on my Carnival cruise. I am so surprised noone picked this. Its to die for! They do still have it, don't they?

This my favorite thing also!

Close seconds are soft serve ice cream and pumpkin soup.

I would like to try some of the deli items this cruise - turkey, roast beef and vegetable foccacia sound good!

• 1 month later...
For me it was the goat cheese and mushroom pizza. I had it a few years back on my Carnival cruise. I am so surprised noone picked this. Its to die for! They do still have it, don't they?

When we were on the Destiny - the cruise to nowhere - only because propulsion shut down - we would go at midnight for pizza. They had the usual so we asked if they had feta cheese, mushrooms, black olives, purple onions and mozzerella cheese the answer was yes so we asked to put it all on a pizza - he looked at us like we were nuts but made it - everyone behind us wanted a piece. So, sometimes people it pays to think outside the box. The next time we went on a cruise and went to get a pizza they had this as an offering. I don't know if it was because of us or other people like the same kind of food we do. I never order anything I can make at home - like to be adventurous

Archived