Your "go-to" food

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I had to google reubens sandwich to see what it was, I never heard of it before, sounds nice.

Funny thing is I have never had one until the 11th of March (funny how I know the exact date cause it was a day before my cruise) and I don't like Saurkraut (Sp?) but the sandwich is fantastic! I highly suggest it. I got the idea to add some turkey actually from someone on these boards. So good, that's my new "go-to"

Hmmmmm I wonder what i'm going to get for lunch today??

Wow....this thread has really got my mouth watering!!

I'm a big fan of the pastrami and swiss on rye from the deli, with brown mustard of course! I have at least one every day.

May have to try the ruben since so many seem to love it.

I love it too! My favorite dessert! :D

Mine too.

Sadly the last two cruises the Bitter and Blanc was overcooked and dried out, but I will keep trying because when it is done right it is incredible.

The Grand Marnier Souffle

Caribbean Hot Pot soup

Mongolian Steak Salad

If they had naan bread and samosas with chutney on a cruise ship I don't think I'd ever leave.

Fun thread!

We will be sailing on Carnival Valor in August. It will be our first carnival cruise. So it is so fun to hear what you all enjoy.

Have sailed Celebrity up till now and I knew what I loved to eat when I cruised with them. Sounds to me a 7 day cruise wont be enough time to eat and try everything that sounds good.

Nadine

I was the ruben for me until I tried DW's turkey from the deli - unbelievably good!

The first night they have sweet & sour shrimp. Pass on the sauce. We got to the buffet and grab a plateful for the balcony as an appetizer before our late seating dinner!

DH would agree that the shrimp without the sauce is nearly a secret. He spends his time checking to see if they've put it out on the buffet! He will have a plate and then go to the late seating, just as you said!

For me, I have to say that my faves are the salad bar on the lido deck (easy to please, lol) and made to order "eggs over easy". Those are the two things I look forward to the most! I also love the soups, I usually have soup withdrawal when I get home. My first bowl of tortilla soup was on a cruise.

Sol y Mar

I like this thread...

I have a couple fav foods:

mozzarella sandwich with basil aoili

Lobster

tiger shrimp

chocolate melting cake w/ an extra ice cream (not a huge fan of the grand marnier souffle though)

didn't like the strawberry bisque, reminded me of strawberry Quick milk...

ribs were ok

mexican food at the buffet was not good, but husbands family is mexican so I guess I am spoiled!

I don't know my go to food [except in the supper club, then its a big slab of barely wounded meat], until I read the menu. Even worse is the buffet where I eat with my eyes first. I WANT Mongolian, I WANT 2 or 3 or 4 different deli sandwiches. I WANT to check out all the hot choices, I WANT a little Chinese.

I don't load up the plate. I just take enough to eat while its is still hot. THEN I'll go back and get more.:eek:

BUT

I'm always too full to make even that second trip through the buffet. BIG eyes, small appetite. This old age stuff sucks. Beats the other choice tho.:)

Dan

I am crazy for the tuna sandwich from the deli. I put potato chips on it.

Escargot

the veal chop in the supper club (they don't have it any more dang it)

tiramisu

chocolate melting cake

grilled veggie foccacia from room service

caesar salad at the pizza place

goat cheese pizza

and I like their rolls at dinner a lot

the free cappuccino from the dining room

roast beef and brie from room service

Only the best dessert i have ever had in my life!!!

It's a bread pudding (which I am really not a fan of) but this one OMG is the best thing ever!

Here's a picture

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/bar3/IMG_5242.JPG

OMG, the description didn't say BREAD pudding! I am a bread pudding fanatic and I'm always looking for a new one to try! YUM! ((Writes this down in handy dandy notebook next to Deli Reuben and Miami Vice on must-have list)).

Just off the Conquest a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have the Chicken peanut satay anymore :( Bummer

Also, I drank too much in Jamaica and missed the Bitter Blanc - ugh. The waiter had told me it would be served Thursday and it was not, it was served Wednesday.

Guess I have to go on another cruise now :D

1st drink of the day

My first dining room meal on Carnival has always been the Chicken peanut satay and the steak w/ peppercorn sauce.

The deli sandwiches - turkey and reuben

The bitter blanc and chocolate melting cakes for dessert.

Archived