Disappointed

beach410

I booked a Cat.8A on the Upper Deck and was told those cabins can be noisy so I went online and changed it to a Cat.8B.

I did not get charged for that change.Only the $10.00pp to upgrade from one category to the next.

From what I read on the Carnival website they only charge you $50.00 per person when you change the date of sail or the ship your sailing on...

I don't know why they told you you could not change your cabin without incurring a charge.Mmmm.That doesn't make sense.

I'm glad everything worked out for you!Have a great cruise.

I'm sure since this is a brand new program, there will be alot of misunderstandings until they work all the bugs out of it......

But then again Carnivals customer service is notorious for wrong information lol!

Everyone keeps mentioning a couch.......every oceanview cabin I have been in on the fantasy classs ships never had a couch. Only a chair..........actually there was no room for a couch.

Is the couch only in the cabins which hold more then 2 people?

Never had a couch either, the picture Carnival chose to use to advertise the new balcony room has a couch, that is why when i booked it, the deck plan shows it to have one upper, even with the udpated version, so I thought we would have a couch and and upper for the 3rd and 4th passenger. Why use a picture of a room that is totally so far off? All the other rooms I have been in, ok, only two IS and OV on the Fantasy class have been depicted by the picture accurately. They can edit this out, I think its misleading and unecessary.

Thats when I learned the horrible truth, and to add insult to injury, my TA office called them last night and they said that the person was wrong, it was one upper and a rollaway, this was last night, my TA called them again today and was told again that the first person was right..OMG..:(

Did your TA ask for the textual description of your cabin? When you or your TA call Carnival directly, they can pull up the textual description of your cabin (including the bed layout) and what ammenities your cabin may or may not have. Much more detailed than reading symbols from a deck plan that may not be up to date.

It seems like your TA wasn't very familiar with the product they were selling you...

Did your TA ask for the textual description of your cabin? When you or your TA call Carnival directly, they can pull up the textual description of your cabin (including the bed layout) and what ammenities your cabin may or may not have. Much more detailed than reading symbols from a deck plan that may not be up to date.

It seems like your TA wasn't very familiar with the product they were selling you...

LOL! Please.........how many people ask for a textual description of their cabin:confused: If someone booked on line (not with a TA) they would run into the same problem......Clearly it was a misunderstanding because these are brand new cabins that have not even been used yet.........

No need to dish the TA:rolleyes:

Lol I bet if you called customer service and asked about the cabin you would get the same description that Carnival is showing on their website......which is wrong.......

Although the op got screwed around it worked out in the end. And Everyone here learned something from it....

I may have missed it... but did the legend for the cabin itself have a star or a cross indicating that it had a sofa? They use a generic pic for the staterooms, but not all balcony cabins have a sofa, I've had one of a few ships that didn't have one.. I think it is more important to pay attention to the deckplan/legend than the picture... not all cabins are created equal. But it sounds like you are saying the legend indicated one upper only, and a couch? That is definitely a problem... I would be upset too.

I have been in an OV room with two uppers on two occasions and we always had our beds put together. I still havent found out their reasoning. If the beds arent nailed down we can move them I guess, but it sounds like they are! :eek:

beach410 - I just spoke with a Carnival Supervisor that I've been corresponding with. She did finally confirm my suspicion that physically they can put the twins together to make a Queen, but that they don't do so because the foldown bunks overlap the Queen bed and thus there's no way to walk around the room.

Personally I think that based on their mis-information Carnival ought to give you your Inside, but if you do get stuck with this cabin, and at nite could live with walking stooped-over, you could tip/bribe your room steward to join the twins together (and keep the bunks folded up into the wall until bedtime?????

ken

LOL! Please.........how many people ask for a textual description of their cabin:confused:

Lol I bet if you called customer service and asked about the cabin you would get the same description that Carnival is showing on their website......which is wrong...........

Please, you're making excuses for travel professionals who don't know the product they're selling.

When I make a reservation, especially on a type of cabin that I'm not very familiar with, I have asked for this description and it has come very handy. It's not rocket science, and a good TA will know where to find this information.

For example, when I sailed on the Liberty, I wanted one of those larger 6B cabins in the back of the ship, but I wasn't sure of the layout and there were NO pictures to be found. So I called my PVP, she pulled up the description of the cabin and told me the specific bedding layout for that cabin number, square footage, number of windows, the lack of a sofa, etc. So I knew exactly what my cabin would be like before I put my money down.

A good TA will research accurate information and pass it on to their guests. That's why they get paid a commission: To do the work for their guest. Otherwise, what is the advantage of using a TA??

The textual description is available to ANYBODY who requests it. However if the TA or PVP is not properly trained, or knowledgeable enough to find this information, (or at least to request it), then it becomes an issue of lack of competitiveness.

That's one of the advantages of dealing with someone who knows what they are doing and who knows where to get the information, not with someone who only has a general knowledge of the product they're selling.

Please, you're making excuses for travel professionals who don't know the product they're selling.

When I make a reservation, especially on a type of cabin that I'm not very familiar with, I have asked for this description and it has come very handy. It's not rocket science, and a good TA will know where to find this information.

For example, when I sailed on the Liberty, I wanted one of those larger 6B cabins in the back of the ship, but I wasn't sure of the layout and there were NO pictures to be found. So I called my PVP, she pulled up the description of the cabin and told me the specific bedding layout for that cabin number, square footage, number of windows, the lack of a sofa, etc. So I knew exactly what my cabin would be like before I put my money down.

A good TA will research accurate information and pass it on to their guests. That's why they get paid a commission: To do the work for their guest. Otherwise, what is the advantage of using a TA??

The textual description is available to ANYBODY who requests it. However if the TA or PVP is not properly trained, or knowledgeable enough to find this information, (or at least to request it), then it becomes an issue of lack of competitiveness.

That's one of the advantages of dealing with someone who knows what they are doing and who knows where to get the information, not with someone who only has a general knowledge of the product they're selling.

I'm not making excuses for anyone.........Carnival is displaying the wrong info on their website......

It's not the first time lol!

Extremely well said & very important !

It seems to me the vast majority of problems with cabin types & assignments that posters grieve on this board include a TA booking. While I have nothing against TA's, I like to keep it simple.

Too many cooks spoil the cake. I ALWAYS book directly with Carnival and pick my specific cabin and have never had any issues !

I don't know, but I would be sofa king mad!:D

lolol, i saw that on a t-shirt, i didnt get it for 5 minutes reading it over and over out loud then it hit me and i was rolling around, it went like this though:

I Am

Sofa King

Wee Todd Did

:D:p:D

It would have been $400 more to book the regular way. And I didnt put my faith in the picture soley, the deck plans were not accurate, didnt show the 2nd upper. And btw, all the rooms I have been in were exactly as shown in the picture, thats why they have the deck plans showing uppers, couches, etc. I dont think Carnival should put a picture of a couch in a room that they know well ahead of time there will be none. Simply put in a drawing or leave the couch out of the picture. But even their updated deck plan is wrong, I say thats misleading and I would never have caught on had I not compared the booking deck plan with the updated deck plan, which I stumbled on.

Now Carnival is saying its my TA fault for not knowing that they dont put the beds together and my TA is saying, how would I know, you never told me. I am coming to the realization that this is not really a big deal, I will snuggle on the single like we did when we first met. I still have my TA looking into reverting back to the inside cabin...Thanks for everyones input!

Yet another deceptive trade practice on Carnival's part. It appears to me this company does just as it pleases and once they have your money you are at their mercy for what you get.

Yet another deceptive trade practice on Carnival's part. It appears to me this company does just as it pleases and once they have your money you are at their mercy for what you get.

Hmmm, another unsatisfied CCL customer:eek: Sure seems to be a lot of that lately:confused:

LMAO!!!! This is one of the wittiest comments I have ever seen! Priceless!

Hugs,

Chelle

After seeing people post comments about "sofa king mad" and laughing over what I couldn't figure out why, I've finally GOT IT!!! I'm just slow, I guess, and SOOOO ready for my 1/31/09 cruise!

this was very witty and i'm glad I finally got to laugh too! Thanks!!!!

Extremely well said & very important !

It seems to me the vast majority of problems with cabin types & assignments that posters grieve on this board include a TA booking. While I have nothing against TA's, I like to keep it simple.

Too many cooks spoil the cake. I ALWAYS book directly with Carnival and pick my specific cabin and have never had any issues !

I cant believe this thread hasnt died yet, FYI...I have never had any issues before this, as I said before, myself and Seamiles TA spoke to Carnival on 4 seperate occasions and they were a bit confused as well as to how exactly this room was laid out.

The first woman at CARNIVAL I spoke with had to confer with several others in the office and this was her response "Well, it certainly is confusing, and I dont know why the deck plan only shows one upper, it is indeed wrong, but I have discussed this with a few others here and we all seem to agree, there are two uppers...", then I call Seamiles, an agent calls Carnival and states "She was wrong, the room is one upper and one rollaway, not two uppers...."....then the next day I call Carnival again and this person agrees with the first person and Seamiles calls back and they also agree, but finally switches my room back.

So as you can see, Carnival isnt always on the ball either, this was not a simple matter and has to do with poor documentation and floor plans advertised by Carnival. There is no excuse for them to not have the correct information displayed correctly on their webiste, they are a huge company with the ability to make these changes to their website:

Take the picture of the couch out and simply add that extra dot to the deck plan, so it has two dots, then when the customer clicks to pick a cabin, add a little box that pops up that says: warning, the two lowers do not convert to a king, are you sure you want to purchase.

Seems simple enough to me, and would have saved me a lot of time and aggravation. Anyway, I have no hard feelings against Carnival, I sent them an email with my view, maybe they will take it into consideration, to me it is simply good business to advertise your product accurately.

After seeing people post comments about "sofa king mad" and laughing over what I couldn't figure out why' date=' I've finally GOT IT!!! I'm just slow, I guess, and SOOOO ready for my 1/31/09 cruise!

this was very witty and i'm glad I finally got to laugh too! Thanks!!!![/quote']

I didnt really get this earlier either, I just reread it, agreed, PRICELESS! LOL

beach410 - I just spoke with a Carnival Supervisor that I've been corresponding with. She did finally confirm my suspicion that physically they can put the twins together to make a Queen, but that they don't do so because the foldown bunks overlap the Queen bed and thus there's no way to walk around the room.

Personally I think that based on their mis-information Carnival ought to give you your Inside, but if you do get stuck with this cabin, and at nite could live with walking stooped-over, you could tip/bribe your room steward to join the twins together (and keep the bunks folded up into the wall until bedtime?????

ken

Well, thats interesting information Ken, because according to all the Carnival professionals we spoke with it is physically impossible and they wont do it. I would of been fine with sliding across the bed to reach the balcony!

Archived