When booking an excursion...

worry wart

do most excursions need to be booked in advance of getting on ship? Do they fill up fast? Some in our party are considering the Tulum ruins and wondering if they will need to book before they leave. Can you cancel if decide not to go, or not? From what I have read it sounds like you have to get a taxi back to the ship from downtown Cozumel, is that correct? Is there any time left to shop once coming back from Tulum at end of day?

Popular Excursions do fill-up; we always book in advance to avoid disappointment and to avoid having to do this onboard ship. You can cancel on-line excursion reservations online up to several days before cruise for credit to your CC; once onboard I believe you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance with credit to your onboard account- check the Excursion FAQ's on carnival.com.

The Tulum excursion will get you back to the ship. In our case, we docked at the pier several miles South of San Miguel, which is the pier the Ferry to mainland departed from, and that's where we were returned.

We did the Tulum tour and thoroughly enjoyed it - it IS a long day and took up most of the port day - we didn't have time to shop on return. The tour was in A/C Coach Bus (I believe with bathroom), stops at a sleazy bathroom/souvineer shop, and parks in a lot with a few shops and food (subway) available. ken

Archived