Best snorkeling from shore in Roatan?

dmhpt

I have read that Tabayana (sp?) beach has excellant snorkling. Unfortunately, when I was there, our excursion was canceled due to the weather, so I didn't have the chance to experience for myself. I guess I just need to book another cruise that goes to Roatan.

I plan to take a Mini-Bus from Coxen Hole to the West End in Roatan. What is the best beach area for snorkeling from the shore?

We went to West Bay Beach to Banarama - $20 per person cab ride roundtrip. The water was a little murky due to storms the week before but it still pretty nice there.

Hello .. Roatan .. I love it there. Spent 2 weeks at West Bay Village. bungalow right on the beach. Get yourself to West Bay Beach..facing the water, walk as far to the left as possible and get in the water. It's beautiful. I am a scuba diver, but snorkeled this spot daily. The beach does get busy on cruise ship days.. but most people are out in front of the resorts. Have fun

Archived