Hotels near LAX with Day Rate and Free Shuttle?

LadyLuck

We have a 6+ hour cruise layover after we disembark, and we will be travelling with a toddler (almost 2). From what I've read, it looks like we will most likely be getting off the STAR by 10 am (?) at the latest. Our flight home is 6:15 pm. So, I'm just struggling to figure out what we should do with the time in between...........I would very much like to take it easy, and my little girl would most likely need a short nap during this time. Does anyone know of a hotel at LAX that has food amenities nearby and has reasonable day rate? So far, I have found out that the Travelodge has a rate for $49.95, and the Four Point Sheraton is going at $95 (very expensive for usage from 10 am--8 pm). Anyone with experience on this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

On Century (the main street into LAX) and La Cienega (the street just to the west of the 405 Freeway) there is a Holiday Inn and a McDonalds. One block to the east (on the east side of the freeway) there is a Motel 6.

Further to the west (closer to the airport) at Aviation and Century there is a Hilton with a Carl's Jr. next to it.

Others might have some other suggestions.

We have a 6+ hour cruise layover after we disembark, and we will be travelling with a toddler (almost 2). From what I've read, it looks like we will most likely be getting off the STAR by 10 am (?) at the latest. Our flight home is 6:15 pm. So, I'm just struggling to figure out what we should do with the time in between...........I would very much like to take it easy, and my little girl would most likely need a short nap during this time. Does anyone know of a hotel at LAX that has food amenities nearby and has reasonable day rate? So far, I have found out that the Travelodge has a rate for $49.95, and the Four Point Sheraton is going at $95 (very expensive for usage from 10 am--8 pm). Anyone with experience on this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I check a lot of these hotels to see if they are okay for work bookings...

I wouldn't go for the Travelodge at all, as it tends to be a bit of a "hooker hotel".:eek:

Check my report on Hacienda here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=900964

You should be able to find a deal in a lower price range than the Four Points Sheraton (which isn't actually near that much in walking distance)...

Or even the Radisson Westside Culver City here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=900867

which is in a nice area, with things in walking distance...

Let us know what you figure out, or if you have more questions, but I personally wouldn't book that Travelodge with a 2 year old.

;)

That's how "iffy" that particular Travelodge is...

you can just drop a toddler off at the front desk as your collateral...

pick the kid up when "you're done"...:eek::p:D

ROTFL......

I have a 2 year old, and work has been slow.

Hmmmmmm......:D:p:eek:

Archived