megans bay safety

KnightsofColumbus

Is it safe to leave stuff on the beach at Megans bay when you go into the water? How closely do you have to watch your stuff? Can you rent a locker or anything? I was going to leave a wallet, shoes, camcorder, watch, and other clothing on the beach while I went into the water.

Thanks!

I'd be hesitant to do this anywhere, even in the US. The only way I'd feel half way comfortable is if you were sitting near some other cruisers who may be willing to keep an eye on your stuff. If you go in the water, I'd be keeping an eye on your belongings on the shore. I usually buy a waterproof case that I wear around my neck for my cash and credit cards and take them in the water with me. Your stuff may be fine, but there's always a risk.

I'd be hesitant to do this anywhere, even in the US. The only way I'd feel half way comfortable is if you were sitting near some other cruisers who may be willing to keep an eye on your stuff. If you go in the water, I'd be keeping an eye on your belongings on the shore. I usually buy a waterproof case that I wear around my neck for my cash and credit cards and take them in the water with me. Your stuff may be fine, but there's always a risk.

I like the idea of the water proof case. I will definitly look into that. I also imagine that I won't go far into the water. I may also look for a water proof case for my camcorder or just leave it on the ship.

Thanks for your help. If anyone has any experience taking an expensive camera or camcorder to Megans bay or any other beach for that matter let me know.

Nothing is safe left on the beach by it's self. Leave everything possible on the ship. Take some $$ and perhaps one credit card and your ship's card and one photo id with you in a waterproof pac of some sort. Get a cheap watch, most are waterproof for 100 meters. The less you have with you the better.:)

B

Archived