Past Guest Rates

happygirl33

The Past Guest rate is not offered all the time on all the ships - it's only one of the several "promo" rates that are periodically offered on any given cruise to "stimilate" bookings.

If you go to Carnival.com, select Find a Cruise | Cruise Search tab. On the Search page, click on Check Special Rate Eligibility and click on Past Guest. Then do your Cruise Search. When you look at the rates for any cruises you find, the Past Guest Rate (and any included Free Upgrades) will be displayed as a third Rate line. The "best" past guest deals to look for are those that are quite a bit less than the regular fare AND offer free upgrade.

ken

You would usually not find a past guest rate on the 9A/Suite category because you really have no where to be upgraded to. Most of the time the DP3 promotion gives you the IS/OV/BL price and gives you a 2 cat upgrade. With the 9A it is a category by itself. The only times it would go down in price would be a military/senior/interline/resident deal.

I would really appreciate everyone's help.

I want to know if catagory 9A cabins are available at past guest rates? I am sailing a 7 day southern carribean.

Thank you all.

happygirl33,

9A cabins tend to sell out first. PG rates only apply to cabin categories that are still available.

I would really appreciate everyone's help.

I want to know if catagory 9A cabins are available at past guest rates? I am sailing a 7 day southern carribean.

Thank you all.

WE booked on NOv 1 for our 14-day Pananma Canal cruise on 3/22. We were told that because we booked so LATE, we didn't qualify for past-guest, military, or over 55. BF is a vet and we got this disc. on both previous cruises. For the length and price of this cruise, we were disappointed that we didn't get some kind of discount.

WE booked on NOv 1 for our 14-day Pananma Canal cruise on 3/22. We were told that because we booked so LATE, we didn't qualify for past-guest, military, or over 55. BF is a vet and we got this disc. on both previous cruises. For the length and price of this cruise, we were disappointed that we didn't get some kind of discount.

Who told you that...a TA or PVP/CVP? The military discount is not on all sailings, however there is a pretty good military discount on your sailing right now. Sometimes the military discount does not appear until closer to final payment, so you have to keep an eye on the rates for your sailing to see if they apply a military discount. I hope that makes sense.

I'll try to make a long story short. Booked our April,2009 Valor 8C(G) Dec, 2007.(Yeah, Stacey, I know! Quit laughing!) at full price. PG available 7 months ago, and had to "rebook" to get the discount,(with increased fuel supplement). PSE (senior) rate came up 4 months ago, and got it. Price dropped again last month, got it. Price went down again last Thursday, got it. My final payment is due this Monday, and I'm still watching the price!

You just have to be a pricing vulture and keep on top of your TA or PVP.;)

To let you all know. I was working with direct line staff rather than a PVP. My res. slipped throught the cracks :( .

Due to ya'll I called again and a very helpful and nice PVP returned my call.

I now have my 9A :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone

Archived