Celebrity Century with children?? Anyone?

wantogonow

(I posted this on the Family Cruising board but didn't get any response so was hoping it was ok to post it here as well. LONG time reader, new poster to this site!!:))

Has anyone cruised recently on Celebrity Century with children? We recently booked a 5 nt West. Caribbean in Feb. and we have 2 boys, ages 7 and 9. We will all four have fun-- no matter what, I am sure of it--we aren't the type to let the little things get us down and anywhere is better than sub zero Michigan right now!! They are good little travelers and not annoying (I promise!) ;) But I am just curious of any reviews of the Childrens Program on Century or any details you could pass along to help us get even more excited!!?

I have been scouring this site and others and reading reviews and it seems NO one ever mentions or reviews the kids club, activities etc or if children are mentioned in a review..they are complaining about them even being on Celebrity! But then in another post recently I saw someone mention she thought Celebrity had the best of all Childrens programs...

So... anything to share with us?!

I am already getting them prepared for the saltwater pools (we were on Enchantment in June and they loved the freshwater...the saltwater--not so much!) My 7 yr old is looking forward to pasta buffet and my 9 yr old wants to know if they have a Wii :rolleyes:. Wondering if they will be in the same age group for the kids club.. but I suppose they divide this out once they know for sure how many children will be aboard each sailing? Late Feb/early March is not a huge time for kids to be out of school, but there may be a decent sized group.

My husband and I were on Century in 1999, before kids, so it will be interesting to relive the ship in a different stage of our/its life!!

Thanks so much for any info you can provide or share!! :)

Our extended family group aboard Century last summer (12 nights, Baltic) included my three nephews - ages 7, 11, and 13. My nephews live in Michigan, too! :D

There weren't a lot of children on this sailing but the boys really enjoyed themselves! They loved the arcade (though IMHO it's a bit worn, they could use some new games in there), and the kid's club had a great updated look. The weather was chilly so they didn't use the pools and hot tubs too much, though when they did they enjoyed them.

My sis-in-law, who's a really great Mom, was happy with the program offered in the kid's club and comfortable leaving the 7-yr-old there sometimes when we went ashore 'as grownups.' All the boys were quite comfortable getting their own food in the buffet area and loved the MDR.

The staff that we encountered adored children and practically doted on them. Little kings... it was really nice!!! Our MDR waiters even made specialty 'drinks' for them on formal nights; we rented tuxes for all of them and it was outstanding.

You will have a BLAST, and the boys will have no problem getting around the ship.

We enjoyed it so much we're taking them on the Solstice 2/22 sailing, with even more family members in tow!! Feel free to ask questions if you like and I'll answer as best a doting Aunt can, at dthornton@pacbell.net.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, BurgerBits (love the name! :)).

Sounds like your nephews had a great time - we can't wait. I think this Winter has been the coldest, snowiest and longest I ever remember!! I wouldn't care if the ship just went to the middle of the ocean and anchored... I just need warmth and blue water!! :D

Hello. In November we sailed the Century on the Med for 10 nights with our two boys, ages 11 & 12.

The boys loved the fun factory! There weren't many children on board, but they all became friends. They especially loved the treasure hunts.

When we returned home, their friends asked them which was their favorite port and they replied they enjoyed the fun factory more than any excursion!

My son has been sailing with us on Celebrity since he was 4 years old. We have been on the Zenith, Century and Summit with him and he loves the kids programs. I am a nervous mother, and trust me, they run a very good program. At sea, he was there most of the afternoon....came back to shower, change, and have dinner with us.....and then couldn't wait to go back to the club after dinner. At port, he came with us all the time, and would go to the club after dinner. We were on Celebrity for our Northern Europe cruise (he was 6 at the time). Although there weren't tons of kids his age, he had a fabulous time. You don't need a ton of kids to have a good time. Have a great time.....your boys will love it.

Wow- so glad to see this thread picking up some responses -- thanks so much!!

cnd angel: We too are booked on the Feb 28 cruise..our boys are 7 and 9 (though both are very tall and look much older!) Just look for the two tall parents with the two tall boys!!

• 3 months later...
Hello. In November we sailed the Century on the Med for 10 nights with our two boys, ages 11 & 12.

The boys loved the fun factory! There weren't many children on board, but they all became friends. They especially loved the treasure hunts.

When we returned home, their friends asked them which was their favorite port and they replied they enjoyed the fun factory more than any excursion!

We are doing a similar in Oct with our 8-year-old. First time taking him on a cruise during school season. DH and I have sailed on Century twice before and loved it! But this will be the first time with the little guy. I'm a little nervous about how many kids may be on board, with school in session. Hope there will be a few like us who think that the Med experience will be worth missing a week of school!

Archived