Alaska Cruise Tours

infoprof56

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I didn’t see a better area.

Can anyone tell me when the cruise lines usually post their Alaska Cruise Tour itineraries? We are planning to go in June, 2010. So far all I can find are through fall of 2009. I see there are some really deep discounts coming out for 2009. Is business so slow that they might be holding off on selling 2010 Alaska tours?

I know that Princess traditionally opens their Alaska cruises for booking around April or early May and the cruisetours follow a few weeks later. I doubt they will hold off on announcing the 2010 cruises/tours for very long as they have to have their plans in place. If they find that bookings are slow they can always drop a ship and have it sail elsewhere and accomodate those passengers on other sailings.

I don't think you're going to start seeing 2010 until they get a handle on how well 2009 will sell. They're offering deep discounts on 2009 -- almost half of what they were last year! Too bad I don't have the $$ to go!

I know that Princess traditionally opens their Alaska cruises for booking around April or early May and the cruisetours follow a few weeks later. I doubt they will hold off on announcing the 2010 cruises/tours for very long as they have to have their plans in place. If they find that bookings are slow they can always drop a ship and have it sail elsewhere and accomodate those passengers on other sailings.

The discounts are amazing! If I could do it this year I could get a mini suite for what I will probably end up paying for the cheapest OV next year. I am hoping the discounts will continue with early bookings for 2010. Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond.

Archived