Has anyone used Tequila Beach Tours?

indianagirl47553

Has anyone used this company? Their website is www.tequilabeachtours.com

They have the best prices for all-inclusive at Tequila Beach that I've found:

$ 28 Captain's Pass - Open bar all day, Mexican snacks, showers, lockers, chairs, towels) or

$ 40 Admiral's Pass - all of the afore-mentioned, plus full menu (including lobster in season)

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

Also, for clear water without beach grass or turtle grass, which is best... Tequila Beach or Pez Quadro?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went to Tequila Beach in March 2007...wrong choice for a family w/ children!! The OPEN BAR and cheap price should have given us a clue...the place was mobbed with drunk spring breakers...they were dancing on the bar, doing shots from each others navel {while laid out on the bar}, falling all over whoever was within range! We could not get food, drinks, service, etc. After threatening the mgmnt and storming the kitchen, we were able to get some food...but what a fiasco. The place actually ran out of liquor and beer....the little guzzlers drank it dry!!! Probably great for the wild college crowd ;would not recommend for families w/ children.

Wow! Thanks for that last post.....we're looking for a nice beach spot in Costa Maya, but we'll be cruising during Spring Break w/our 11 year old daughter, so obviously this isn't the spot for us.

Thanks again.

We just spent the day at Tequila Beach last Thursday. We just took a taxi there for 3.00 each way and they had a special for 20.00, open bar. It was a preset menu of drinks and mexican snacks. They were so nice and friendly, We rented Jet skis for 40.00 for a half hr. It was very quiet no rowdy crowds. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Skip the Tequila Beach resort - we had horrible service there last week and the place was overrun by Spring-breakers who were over-served (some were getting 10-12 shots of tequila in 15 minutes). The place was rowdy and those who made reservations in advance were ignored for most of the day. I wish I had known from the op who went there in March of 2007.

It is definitely not a good place for people with young kids, or anyone who wants to enjoy the sand and the water and not watch people vomiting on the beach.

I've sent Tequila Beach a complaint, but haven't heard back.

We just returned from our Westerdam cruise. We went to Tequilla Beach. When we got there we pd 20.00 each for snacks and drinks all day. We had the best salsa ever, we drank Toucans and tequilla, very good.

The beach is not that nice. We each parasailed for 55.00 each, they ride you out on waverunners to the boat to parasail, it was fun.

They closed up at 4, which we thought was odd, our ship did not leave until 6:30. We just moved our party elsewhere, we had lots of fun.

Most of the places that do the all inclusive tend to attract the younger drinking crowd. If you don't want to deal with drunks, don't go to a place that offers "all you can drink". They go together. But there are lots of places along the downtown Malecon beachfront that have beach seating and nice water in front. Just take a taxi into town and take your pick. The places south of town do have lots of sea grass to deal with close to shore. Downtown beach is clear of all that. The beach is about the same at Pez Quatro and Tequila Beach Club. Try the Delphin for sea food, Tapas Bar for snacks and the Tropicante for the best menu and cleanest place. All have beach front. Unless you drink until you drop, the $ will end up about the same. Beers are $2, drinks are $4 or $5 and nachos $6. There is a pretty good day sail out of Tequila Beach club though if that intersts you. Gary and Larry are their names and they do a pretty good job. I think you have to book it from Tequila though.

My day at the beach was very up and down. My group of 6 purchased passes from Cosata Maya tours ( OTTO & Johann ) we bought the adm. pass to include everything and were meet at the door by Eid-u their rep. we were shown to the beach and got great seats and lounge chairs meet our server got drinks and a menu. This lasted about a hour then Tequila beach (not owned or operated by Costa Maya Tours ) found out that our ship had 40% spring breakers and ran a $20 day special for all you can drink and use the beach. This started the down fall of our day, we had to stand by our chairs or someome would try to take them. as for getting a drink or food it took hours. WE finnaly found our rep. and she was able to fix the problems with the food (the lobester was good as were the appetizers ) getting drinks was still a problem. AS for the beach it was OK but still under repairs fom the last storm. I would not recommend Tequila Beach to any family or group of Adults during spring break. Costa Maya Tours did talk to me personally on my return home (talked to OTTO himself) and they made it right. I would use them again in the future

Have fun on your cruise as did we HOOTIE HOO

Just back from our cruise on the Independence which stopped in Costa Maya....we booked snorkling and waverunners through tequila beach dot com....both excursions were great....snorkling was just my family of four....we rented six waverunners with another family that we were with and had a blast....the beach was crowded and the music was loud which turned us off....some other friends booked waverunners through another web site that I don't recall off hand and they were not as happy as we were....during spring break beach and club house not a place for younger kids, go further down away from tequila beach

• 4 months later...

Has anyone done Tequilla Beach since spring break ? We are thinking of going there because 2 of our group of 6 want to parasail. We thought it would be better to just go to one place. 4 of us will eat drink and swim :Dwhile the other 2 parasail. Then when they come back they can catch up to us. :cool:

Also, do they have horseback riding??

Thanks

Irene

Archived