Tipping Major Tom?

Erdovi

I'm planning on doing the cave tubing/zip line combo through Major Tom. Is tipping required and how much is reasonable? I assume you would tip the bus driver, tour guide, etc. Also if you don't prepay, do they only accept cash for payment or can you use a card?

Thanks

I'm planning on doing the cave tubing/zip line combo through Major Tom. Is tipping required and how much is reasonable? I assume you would tip the bus driver, tour guide, etc. Also if you don't prepay, do they only accept cash for payment or can you use a card?

Thanks

Gratuities are always APPRECIATED by tour operators, and I have to say that Major Tom is one of few that do not solicit for a tip, but if your tour is as memorable, you will want to leave a tip of appreciation. We usually tip about 20% of the tour cost as a guideline if the tour is done to our satisfaction. I believe Major Tom charges 3 % for c.card payment, but would suggest emailing him to verify this. We always have paid him cash at the end of the tour on 3 different occassions.

I wouldn't give anyone a tip until you are done. We had a miserable experience with this tour operator and I would have been upset if I had tipped in advance. I never saw a way or place to pay other than cash.
Wow... you seem to be really letting everyone know of your disatisfaction with Major Tom alot lately....but why the need to chastise him on this thread when the OP did not ask for opinions of his tour ?? :confused:

Hi,

we are booked on Major Tom, too. Here the information I got about payment:

PAYMENT NOTE : If you are paying in Belize on arrival, we DO take Credit Cards, BUT we would be DELIGHTED to get US Cash or Traveller’s Checks, as Banks In Belize charge a very heavy tax on credit cards (4-6%). THANK YOU!!

Archived