Voyager - Portofino Murder Mystery Dinner

knomad

Has anyone gone to the Murder Mystery Dinner in Portofino on Voyager out of Galveston?

Was it enjoyable? Was the menu the same as the other nights?

Which night of the cruise was it on? We think this is something our group would like to do, but we don't want to miss the formal nights in the main dining room, and certainly not lobster night! I saw that we can make reservations ahead of time on the website, but we don't want to book it without knowing what night it is.

Thanks so much!

We throroughly enjoyed the Murder Mystery dinner last April on the Voyager! I do not remember what night it was...but it was NOT Formal Night!

The food was GREAT...and so was the wine...and lot's of it!!

We went with a small group amd I think that's what made it so fun!!

You will all enjoy it!

Has anyone gone to the Murder Mystery Dinner in Portofino on Voyager out of Galveston?

Was it enjoyable? Was the menu the same as the other nights?

Which night of the cruise was it on? We think this is something our group would like to do, but we don't want to miss the formal nights in the main dining room, and certainly not lobster night! I saw that we can make reservations ahead of time on the website, but we don't want to book it without knowing what night it is.

Thanks so much!

Please keep in mind that you will be ordering from a very abbreviated menu. The full menu is not available on Murder Mystery night. ;)

A group of us went last year on Brilliance, also in Portofino. Abbreviated menu, and ours WAS held on formal night, but lobster was available on the Portofino menu that night.

It was enjoyable, the cast was quite funny, but we all agreed it was something we wouldn't do again. Also...our version was really for adults only - not sure the kids would get some of the humor...or maybe afraid they would!

Sandy

Thank you for your replies!

So it's not the full menu on the Murder Mystery Dinner nights? Hmmm. Maybe we need to eat at Portofino two nights??? It sounds like fun, though. I just wish I knew for sure what night it would be on our cruise - it would help with the decision!

So it's not the full menu on the Murder Mystery Dinner nights? Hmmm. Maybe we need to eat at Portofino two nights??? It sounds like fun, though. I just wish I knew for sure what night it would be on our cruise - it would help with the decision!

We have a reservation for the Murder Mystery on the March 15th sailing of the Voyager. If you go to the on-line reservation screen for Portofino, you can find out what night it's scheduled. For our cruise it's on Wednesday.

The food was GREAT...and so was the wine...and lot's of it!!

quote]

So the wine is free???

It's included in the price...when you take that into consideration I think the price of the MM Dinner is more than fair.

I went on the Freedom...and to me it was the best of the best...the food was excellent...the dessert display was better than the one they normally give you...but I can only speak for the Freedom.

Archived