Golf in Jamaica

knomad

We did the RCCL excursion to White Witch last year on the Voyager and it was phenomenal...one of the best excursions we've done in any port. The golf course was breathtakingly beautiful, and the whole excursion was well organized. I know it's pricy, but you'd pay the same price to book it on your own, and taking the excursion you have the ease and peace of mind of knowing all the arrangements will be taken care of for you.

We would have booked this again, but since we haven't been playing much we decided to try something different this year.

Here's a link to my review of the excursion:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=748892&highlight=white+witch

knomad: Not sure which ship or port you may be visiting, but we also have played The White Witch (although we were on a Carnival cruise at the time). Would highly recommend it for golfers as well as non-golfers (we took some of each w/ us). The views are spectacular!!!

It is one of the top courses in the Caribbean. ;) Pricey, yes (it is part of the Ritz Resort), but worth it in our book!!!

Bruce

Oops, sorry about that! We will be on Voyager and Montego Bay is the port.

The White Witch course looks beautiful! My husband plays golf, and I usually drive the cart for him. Do you think they would let me do that, or would we have to pay for two?

Thanks for your replies!

We took the RCL Jamica golf excursion 2 years ago and it was at a sandals resort golf club (I do not remember the name). while it was a nice course with wonderfuls views I would not do it again. the course was only in okay condition - the greens were not good and we felt a bit rushed to play thru. Remember - the course is free to the sandals participants so it was pretty crowded. That all being said - I played with my 16 year old son who is just learning the game and our caddy was fantastic.

On the other hand - the Cozumel golf excursion was unbelievable. That course was well maintained, beautiful and HARD!.

The White Witch course looks beautiful! My husband plays golf, and I usually drive the cart for him. Do you think they would let me do that, or would we have to pay for two?

Thanks for your replies!

Again, we did this on a Carnival Cruise, so RCI may have different rules........ What we were able to do was pay normal prices for the 'golfers' and pay a reduced price for those who only wished to 'ride' around the course. In essence you would pay for transportation to/from the course and your portion of the cart. This course is a considerable drive from the port (20-30 minutes as I remember).

I am certain we could have set this up w/ you as the driver (especially if another player wishes to have a 'rider' along), but I am not certain you will be able to finalize this until you are onboard. I would still try to call RCI (if they are offering this as an excursion), explain what you wish to do and ask them how to go about accomplishing this. Otherwise, contact the course direct to make the arrangements.............

BTW make sure you take your camera and have lots of available memory.............:D I am certain your husband will enjoy the course. ;)

Bruce

Thanks for your replies!

If I remember correctly, there was a separate fee for a non-player. I think it was around $35 or $40.

Archived