Anytime Dining--Does the crew really check?

Eve

Just a suggestion. If you do not find what you like on the menu ask the waiter for something you have in mind, like a veal steak. or and avocado bowl. If it is available the will make it for you even if it is not on the menu. They really do want you to enjoy your food. Ask the head waiter if you can see the menu for the next night. If you don't like anything on it, then he can usually come up with an idea for you.

Just a suggestion. If you do not find what you like on the menu ask the waiter for something you have in mind, like a veal steak. or and avocado bowl. If it is available the will make it for you even if it is not on the menu. They really do want you to enjoy your food. Ask the head waiter if you can see the menu for the next night. If you don't like anything on it, then he can usually come up with an idea for you.

I should add here that this is much more successful if done in advance, especially if you want something like a veal steak which is not on the menu. Now, if you just want your meal reconfigured -- say, you feel like a grilled sliced chicken breast over a caesar salad--then the waiter can produce that with no advance notice. But it's generally not true that you can just show up and say something like "I'd like halibut tonight, please"" and expect to be accommodated.

I'm responding without reading any of the other posts before me....

I did not want Anytime dining.. I wanted Traditional... Traditional was fully booked... now I have to wait on line to eat dinner (a la NCL Freestyle, which I did not like). Not thrilled with that.

Now, not only do I have to wait to be seated along with others who have Anytime, but also with those who are assigned Traditional who just feel like eating Anytime. The wait would be even longer IMHO!

Archived