Dressing up and looking all fancy in the evenings

kooljamming

At my minimal 5'5", 3" heels are my standard for daily wear. However, I can confirm that when the ship starts rocking- eek! I took off a chunk of my arm crashing into a painting in the hallway last cruise! I still have a mark! I bought sensible kitten heels for this trip!!

And I say dress up if you feel into it! I'm a dresses at the mall kind of girl so for a cruise- well, cruises I go all out! Cheers to looking beautiful!! Whether it's LBD's (little black dresses) or sequined gowns- I'm into it!!

Oh, and DH only gets to wear his tux twice a year- on the cruise and for an annual work function- and I look forward to both all year!!

I live and die for that little black dress. I will definitely keep sensible heels in mind.

2161954220101627832S200x200Q85.jpg

On our Ruby cruise, we ate in the dining room each night. I saw most men in suits and ties or sport coat and tie. Women were in dresses, not cocktail dresses.

I do think you wearing your lacy gown and your little black dress will be perfect for that particular evening.

BUT...mostly you will see pretty dresses or very nice pants suits at night.

On formal night, I saw several men in tuxedoes and some women in gowns. But mostly that night I saw men in dark suits and women in fancy cocktail dresses.

Hope that helps.

I agree. Even though it feels more appropriate to wear "Tommy Bahama" type shirts while in the Caribbean, I still feel a little strange not wearing a sport coat at least at dinner. I guess it's the ol' cruise tradition in me.

Yea, in a nice pair of jeans with a comfortable pole shirt. Nothing like it. ;)

Wow, I guess I'll have to try one of those "pole" shirts. :D Wonder if they make chair shirts or ladder shirts. Guess I'll have to stick to one of my Polo shirts at dinner. Maybe I'll wear it under my sport coat.

Archived