Theme nights on Ruby?

kf657

I like to be prepared, so, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any scheduled theme nights on the Ruby Princess? We will be on the Ruby Princess April 11, 2009---70 days and counting...Whoopee!

I think what the OP was referring to was the "SHIP" theme nights

i.e Pirate Night, Black and White night, Mardi Gras night, 50's night, 70"s night, Country & Western night, Sock-Hop night, etc.......

This is where people get dressed up in costume, and dress in the "theme" of the night.

They have a get together in one of the lounges for all who want to participate in the "theme of the night".

I was on the Ruby 1/17 cruise, and there didn't seem to be much emphasis on themes, at least in terms of passengers' dress. There were a few posted entertainment options, like country-western or 50's music in one of the lounges at a certain time. And one night was the Island Deck Party. But it wasn't a big deal or a ship-wide theme, at least not the way it sometimes was in the past.

I was on the Ruby 1/17 cruise, and there didn't seem to be much emphasis on themes, at least in terms of passengers' dress. There were a few posted entertainment options, like country-western or 50's music in one of the lounges at a certain time. And one night was the Island Deck Party. But it wasn't a big deal or a ship-wide theme, at least not the way it sometimes was in the past.

I agree. The theme nights were only for individual venues and only during certain hours. The only people in costume were the cruise activity staff. If you consider 'Formal' nights as a theme, then yes, those nights have lots of people dressing up.

The dining rooms have some dinner themes where the wait staff dress in costume and the menues reflect the theme.

Happy Sailings,

Paul

Archived