Another question about bring Wine onboard

D&S GoGoGo

Hi ALL,

I have yet another question about bring wine on board. I have been trying to find the answers myslef, but seem to have hit a snag.

My question is: I would like to bring 2-3 bottles with me, and I realize you pay a corkage fee when you board the ship, which is fine, but is what you bring on board, having to be consumed in your stateroom only, or how/ or can you take it to the dining room/s with you??? Any advice?

Thanks!!

Hi ALL,

I have yet another question about bring wine on board. I have been trying to find the answers myslef, but seem to have hit a snag.

My question is: I would like to bring 2-3 bottles with me, and I realize you pay a corkage fee when you board the ship, which is fine, but is what you bring on board, having to be consumed in your stateroom only, or how/ or can you take it to the dining room/s with you??? Any advice?

Thanks!!

You can consume the wine anywhere on the ship.

Hi ALL,

Thanks!!

Just got off the Dawn today. Brought on 4 bottles of wine (expecting to pay the $15 corkage fee per bottle). It was not a pleasant situation. The xray screening woman was screaming "Who's bag is this????" as she detected the 4 bottles that I had packaged in special packing for wine. She pulled them out of my carry-on bag in a huff and whisked them to a special table where an ancient man asked where I was going to consume them. I told him I had no idea as there are many restaurants on the ship. He asked if I wanted to pay the corkage fee or leave them there at the desk; I replied that i had planned to pay the fee and wanted to take them with me. He filled out a charge slip and gave me four small stickers (one to be applied on each bottle). When we went to the dining room, I affixed a sticker to the bottle and they opened and poured it for me. We ended up not drinking 2 of the bottles and they gave me a $30 credit when I produced the 2 unused stickers and the 2 unopened bottles of wine.

Don

Archived