How long does it take for you to get off the ship?

FlipFlopsinMX08

Hello, fellow cruise lovers! We are booked on the Destiny (21 days!!) and am working on booking shore excursions. We have been to Blue Lagoon Island before and are hoping to head back that way this trip. However, our ship is set to arrive in Nassau at 8:00am. How long after that do you think it is safe to say we'd get off the ship? I'd like to (ideally) get on the 8:30 trip over...

Also, has anyone else ever booked an excursion through another ship, or heard of this? The BLI rep that I spoke with a few minutes ago suggested that I contact Carnival and buy my excursion through the Sensation, which is also in port that day, so that I can be sure that I am covered and if we don't get back in time... does that even make sense? Destiny isn't offering BLI trips that day, just Atlantis. I'm personally pretty bored of Atlantis.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hello, fellow cruise lovers! We are booked on the Destiny (21 days!!) and am working on booking shore excursions. We have been to Blue Lagoon Island before and are hoping to head back that way this trip. However, our ship is set to arrive in Nassau at 8:00am. How long after that do you think it is safe to say we'd get off the ship? I'd like to (ideally) get on the 8:30 trip over...

Also, has anyone else ever booked an excursion through another ship, or heard of this? The BLI rep that I spoke with a few minutes ago suggested that I contact Carnival and buy my excursion through the Sensation, which is also in port that day, so that I can be sure that I am covered and if we don't get back in time... does that even make sense? Destiny isn't offering BLI trips that day, just Atlantis. I'm personally pretty bored of Atlantis.

Thanks so much for your help!

I would say the BLI rep doesnt know what they are talking about. Shore excursions purchased in advance are tied to your booking number. You wont be able to purchase one from the other ship as you are not booked on it. Secondly, the tickets are delivered to your cabin. You wont have a cabin on the Sensation. Thirdly, the Destiny wont recognize you as being on a Carnival excusion. They will check with their onboard Shore Excursion desk and they wont have you shown as purchasing an excursion. And the ship will leave without you.

Dave

If the ship docks (as they do in Nassau), it won't take long to get off (as quick as 10-15 minutes if you head down right away).

One other thing to remember, these excursions rarely leave the dock area promptly on time if all the booked parties haven't arrived as the operators want as many $$$ as they can get.

As stated, make sure your excusion will get you back to the ship before sailing time.

Archived