Motion sickness pills

Demonyte

Hi,

I know that I can get two days worth of pills at the time just by asking from reception onboard (at least with NCL), but still I'd prefer getting my own before cruise.

So, the medicine i got onboard (Sea-Calm, effective ingredient: Meclizine 25mg) works extremely well for me and I just checked how much it costs here in Finland and noticed that here it's sold only under one product name and package size which is 10 pills for about $12 (9,55€) and that is quite much per pill (at least here in Finland for non-prescription drug). :eek:

So the question is: Can this medication (Meclizine/Meclozine) be purchased in US without prescription and if, what the price would approximately be? We are flying to Miami from London and I was thinking that I'd go to drug store immediately at MIA if needed.

Meclizine can be bought over the counter in Florida. Meclizine is the generic name, it is also sold under the brand names "Bonine" and "Less Drowsy Dramamine".

It's inexpensive. I buy a tube with 10 Less Drowsy Dramamine at the Publix (grocery store here in Florida) for about $2.89. If you go to a pharmacy you can certainly get a big bottle of the generic for much less!

Demonyte:

So the question is: Can this medication (Meclizine/Meclozine) be purchased in US without prescription and if, what the price would approximately be? We are flying to Miami from London and I was thinking that I'd go to drug store immediately at MIA if needed.

In TX you can buy Meclizine over the counter so I'm sure Florida is the same. You normally won't find it on the shelf but need to go to the Pharmacist and ask for it - it's kept behind the counter. A bottle of 100 costs $10-$12.

I use it all the time as I have a lot of inner ear dizziness problems. I take Meclizine because it doesn't make me drowzy.

I'm departing Galveston on 2/21 & I'm hoping it works out in the open Gulf as well as it did on the Alaskan Inside Passage cruise.

Good luck.

Archived