Customer Service on Costa Fortuna

mom07

I have seen a lot of negativity about Costa on these boards and wanted to relate our experience. We went to customer service quite a few times on the Costa Fortuna (left Jan 18) and were always helped courteously. My husband had some questions about the Costa Club, an extra bottle of wine, and other things. We were helped promptly and cheerfully each time.

Once, an American man was berating the girl next to me because he did not have the list in his room of the colored luggage tags and meeting places for the debarkation morning. She tried to help him by writing it down for him, but that wasn't good enough for him. He told her he wanted the printed list which she had but in all five languages. He said "someone I know had it already & I want it." Basically, it would be in his cabin given to him by his cabin steward (in English) but it just hadn't been distributed by his cabin steward. A little patience on his part would have gone a long way. I can hear his complaints now, but the girl was doing her best.

Now, my grandson left his new watch and cell phone in the bathroom of his stateroom and didn't remember until he was on his way to the airport. (he is almost 13) His dad spoke to the Costa representative at baggage claim and he left a message at Customer Service.

Not much was done on Sunday due to the ship turnover.

However, on Monday, he received a call at home, and on Thursday, the cell phone and watch were Fed Exed to their home. (along with something else very small left in another place in their room)

I consider this excellent customer service, and I am sure we will cruise Costa once again.

Thanks for a positive report on the Fortuna.

I have to agree with you about some people being WAY too demanding. Often when people get angry or upset, they don't "hear" what the other person is actually saying. Some customers want everything RIGHT NOW and refuse to be reasonable. Then they take it out on the customer service person.

Then the whole cruise line gets a bad name and a bad review for their "poor customer service". So many reviews start out by saying -the "service was terrible-this is a bad cruise line". THEN you read further into the details and the reviewer thinks that "bad service" meant having to wait for 10 minutes to be seated in the dining room at a peak time on one occasion or that they didn't get any towel animals....

Leaving on my second cruise with Costa after having cruised with NCL (loved it) and Carnival and Princess. Costa remains my favorite! Love that European Flare! TOGA!!!

Thanks for the posting! We are leaving on the 22nd. Everyone has different standards and I see what I condsider to be unreasonable compliants. I was a bit worried but I think as long as you are reasonable then all will be well.

Again thanks for the update.

Archived