List your favorite main dining room meals

skay

mmmmmmmmmmmm Pumpkin soup rocks it's so good, I'm a chocolate freak and the warm melting chocolate cake is good for me, but I LOVE, LOVE , LOVE the grand Marnier soufle it's soooooooooo good.

I also like most all of the fish dishes, I avoid beef as a general rule cause of where I'm from, I can get beef or pork anytime, but it's hard to get nicely cooked fish here.

Carole

Thanks for the great menus and photos. I'm a once-a-year cruiser, so I apologize for being out of the loop.

In the past, there have been four courses (starter, salad, entree, dessert). According to posted menus, the starter and salad courses have been combined. True?

It is printed that way on the menu, but you can have whatever you want. I had 4 apps once, no salad/soup and a lighter entree.

And cruising once a year is no slouch! :)

On our 1/15 Spirit sailing, most of the dining room fare was quite tasty. In general, with the exception of the prime rib, the beef dishes were lacking. Here were some of our favorites:

Lobster (small slipper tail but very good)

Lamb

Duck

All seafood entrees

Pumpkin soup

Strawberry bisque

Stuffed mushrooms

Cornish game hen

Bitter and Blanc

Grand Marnier souffle

Warm chocolate cake

Cheese plate

Ordered room service our last couple of nights for a late night snack (first time ever since our Disney cruise) and was quite happy. Sandwiches were tasty, the Caesar salad was great and the strawberry cheesecake was better than any dessert in the dining room.

Speaking of desserts, am I the only one who thinks that the desserts on the lunch buffet are better than the ones in the dining room at dinner time?

Thank you for this thread. I am the foodie in our family, and much to my family's consternation, I took my camera to the dining room. I am sure everyone thought we were nuts passing the camera around and taking pictures of our food.

I do have a question, though. I have seen the Mongolian Steak Salad listed on the lunch menu, but I haven't had the pleasure of trying it. Have any of you tried it? I love steak salad and the description sounds like it would be right up my alley.

I had that for lunch and it was wonderful. I'm looking forward to having it again.

Thanks for the great menus and photos. I'm a once-a-year cruiser, so I apologize for being out of the loop.

In the past, there have been four courses (starter, salad, entree, dessert). According to posted menus, the starter and salad courses have been combined. True?

I believe the service is set for 3 courses, but you can have as many choices as you want, although I'm not sure how that would affect table service. They will probably bring the starter and salad at the same time.

OMG to die for. They are actually on the Lido buffet that night also. I had a couple early before we went down to our late seating..

Ooooh, that might be the solution to my shrimp/ribs problem. I have late seating so an early "snack" is a good option.

I have to laugh at myself - here I am planning meals for a cruise almost 10 months away.

just got off the liberty within the past mont they dont have filet anymore unless you go to the supper club

I got off the Spirit last week and they did have the filet on the menu. It is smaller (everything is smaller now) and included with boneless ribs as one meal.

The lobster is way smaller (2 oz maybe) and included with garlic shrimp. The shrimp definitely make the meal now.

Tried the cheese plate last time after dinner instead of a sweet dessert and it was very nice.

I'm a first time cruiser so forgive me for being naive, but does this mean that it's a cheese sampler!?! and i don't have to suffer through trying to pick just one?! haha do they serve it with any sort of bread? i love the option of a cheese course in place of a sweet dessert!

Gravlaks > I have had a couple of Maitre d's attempt to have the chef "throw some together", but generally they are not the same... LISTEN UP CARNIVAL!!!

(Gravlaks - Thinly Sliced Norwegian Fjord Salmon Cured with Dill and Brandy Presented with a Sour Cream Mustard Sauce)

LOVE LOVE LOVE Gravlaks!!! First tiem I had this was in Norway on a port visit while on the Newport...never got the chance to experience them on a cruise ship :(.

Favorites in the dining room...ummm...yes!!! :D

I'm a first time cruiser so forgive me for being naive, but does this mean that it's a cheese sampler!?! and i don't have to suffer through trying to pick just one?! haha do they serve it with any sort of bread? i love the option of a cheese course in place of a sweet dessert!

Sampler.. yes

Prime Rib - 2 of them

Lobster (3)- as well as a Steak or 2 on the same night . Needless to say I am not good for anything the rest of the night an into the morning .

The Tiger Shrimp cocktails were very , very good , and large on the Sensation last Sept.

The same can not be said of the size on the Liberty the past 2 years , they were more like salad shrimp size .

And I love the omelettes (made to order) for breakfast, well done .

That is nice to know...we got small shrimp on the Liberty and I was disappointed because I thought it was going to be that way on all the ships...either way I love the food....:D

I got off the Spirit last week and they did have the filet on the menu. It is smaller (everything is smaller now) and included with boneless ribs as one meal.

The lobster is way smaller (2 oz maybe) and included with garlic shrimp. The shrimp definitely make the meal now.

we definately didnt have filet as an option any night and i dont recall having shrimp with my lobster, I would know i had 4 of them including 1 for dessert. I thought carnival had the same menu fleet wide??????

I love the grand marnier souffle!! Can you order another if you want it? (Can't wait to try their creme brulee, too!)

Also, do they do anything special if it's someone's birthday? Can you order a cake to celebrate? Anyone done this, and are they any good?

Archived