Oscar Brown, Charlie Soto or J.J.?

Tair

We were in Puerto Limon in Januaryon Jewel of the Seas. We used Oscar Brown and our tour guide was Katrine. Excellent tour all day tour. We did Veragua Rain Forest with tram, the Canals, saw a Banana Plantation and Kathrine stopped by her local grocery store so we could buy coffee. Great Tour! Love every moment of it.

I have used Oscar Brown several times, in fact was one of his first customers years ago. I would highly recommend his company. On our last trip it was raining. (Rain forest) He was on his cell phone calling ahead to see where the rain showers were falling. He kept us dry for the most part the entire day.

I wish there was tour operator like him in ever port of call. He is excited about his country and it shows. He is able to take small groups as well as larger ones.

We have used Charlie Soto twice now and he is WONDERFUL!!!! Excellent people who work for him! AND, he won't cram you in a big bus full of people, he has nice vans with A/C, beer water etc. We like smaller groups, no more than 6 and Charlie provides that at the same price you would pay for the bigger vehicle! Nancie

• 4 weeks later...
We have used Charlie Soto twice now and he is WONDERFUL!!!! Excellent people who work for him! AND, he won't cram you in a big bus full of people, he has nice vans with A/C, beer water etc. We like smaller groups, no more than 6 and Charlie provides that at the same price you would pay for the bigger vehicle! Nancie

Does anyone have an email contact for Charlie Soto?

Following is a copy of my E-mail to Charlie of Okey-Dokey Tours:

Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 19:42

Hi Charlie:

We returned to ice cold Canada yesterday following our cruise aboard the Celebrity Constellation, and I wanted to take a moment to mention what a wonderful time we had during the ship's stop in Costa Rica.

Please thank and commend Harrison, who conducted our tour on March 2, for an excellent outing. He is justifiably proud of his country, and conveyed this pride in the enthusiastic manner he presented the many interesting and informative facts about the history, geography, and people of Costa Rica. The stop, at lunch time, for a typical Caribbean meal, was an exceptionally pleasant treat, and we enjoyed it immensely. Our only regret being that we were not able to eat all of the food put before us. And of course, we must not forget our driver, Marco, (I hope I remembered his name correctly), who was equally helpful in all of the things he did to make the excursion comfortable and interesting for us.

Should we return to Costa Rica, your company will be the first we will contact for more guided tours.

Thanks again.

Ed

Ed,

We are going to be on Constellation departing April 6 from Fort Launderdale, which tour did you take with Charlie?

Paul

We took the A1 tour, which is well described on the okey-dokey web site, (copy of tour description below):

Tortugero Canal Tour - See exotic birds and animals of the Costa Rican jungle, Banana Plantation - Fasinating tour of banana plantation and processing plant, Bonita Beach & Restaurant (Lunch) Limon's most beautiful beach and good food, Viewpoint of Limon and countryside and Supermarket visit for wonderful Costa Rican Coffee, Vanilla, and much more at great prices.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Ed.

We just returned from a cruise on Friday and had a tour booked with JJ. After exchanging emails for the past few months, I thought things were set. Well, he left the pier area without us..never saw him. We were supposed to meet him in front of the red tent, but some other taxi driver told us he already left. He wanted to give us a tour, but the taxi was very small for the 4 of us and we couldn't understand him. Since it was raining we went back to the ship. I wouldn't book with JJ!!

• 4 weeks later...

I just cancelled with JJ today because he quoted a price of $45 in January and then when I e-mailed him to confirm for April 20th, he quoted $55 PP without any explanation. After reading he left folks at the pier, I am glad I did cancel with him.

I just cancelled with JJ today because he quoted a price of $45 in January and then when I e-mailed him to confirm for April 20th, he quoted $55 PP without any explanation. After reading he left folks at the pier, I am glad I did cancel with him.

Try Oscar Brown, he waited on us for two hours when we were late arriving in port. We were delayed going through the Panama Canal because of a ship tour in Belize. This put us late into Puerto Limon over two hours later than scheduled. Oscar was there with his sign waiting on us. He has honored all prices that he has every quoted me ( I have used him several times and recommended him 100's of times)

Hope you have a great time in Costa Rica.

We just returned from a tour with JJ and everything worked out well. There were 6 of us in a van and JJ was the guide. He kept careful track of the time and we were back to the ship in plenty of time. He quoted a price of $45 for the canal ride, banana plantation, fruit stand, etc-the standard tour and that is what we paid. He also took us to the zip line place which was an additional $45-paid to the zipline company. We enjoyed JJ's knowledge of plants and nature and their various medicinal uses. I think that if you are docked in Port Limon, there are fewer traffic issues-we had no problems with traffic-ever.

We just got back from the Jewel of the Seas and used Charlie Soto. NEVER have I had such a great tour. Everything was included in the price including lunch. Did the canals, plantation, shopping, lunch, stopped to see monkeys, wildlife, etc. Anything you wanted they were there to help you with. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Joyce

We just got back from the Jewel of the Seas and used Charlie Soto. NEVER have I had such a great tour. Everything was included in the price including lunch. Did the canals, plantation, shopping, lunch, stopped to see monkeys, wildlife, etc. Anything you wanted they were there to help you with. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Joyce

This was our experience as well.....just a great operator.:)

Joyce

Kugel were we on the Jewel same time?

Archived