Just zip-lining?

lovemyfamily

I see that most of the vendors offer combo discounts for the cave tubing with the ziplining. My hubby is pretty adamant that he is not interested in the cave tubing and would like to just zipline.

Has anyone used belize cruise excursions for either zipling or cavetubing or both?

I'd love to hear some responses on this too. I'm trying to decide whether I want to zip line with Belize Cruise Excursions or Major Tom. I've thought about doing the combo, but right now I am leaning towards just zip lining.

I would be careful about paying for any zip-lining up front. I am going to Belize City and booked a Cave Tubing / Zip lining excursion through Nacho and Cything- as referred by CC. Nacho called me within 30 minutes of booking and explained to me that all Belize cave tubing and zip lining is done at Jaguare Paw resort. The zipline is currently shut down due to a huge law suite against the owner. They have not used the ziplines since early December. Nacho explained the owner owes over 700 hundred thousand dollars and they will not reopen until they go to court. He is hoping they open up back in time for them to resume business. You can look it up online and there are several articles about Jaguar Paw being closed. Nacho did not ask that we pay for anything now, instead reserved our spot just in case the zip is still closed.

I would be careful about paying for any zip-lining up front. I am going to Belize City and booked a Cave Tubing / Zip lining excursion through Nacho and Cything- as referred by CC. Nacho called me within 30 minutes of booking and explained to me that all Belize cave tubing and zip lining is done at Jaguare Paw resort. The zipline is currently shut down due to a huge law suite against the owner. They have not used the ziplines since early December. Nacho explained the owner owes over 700 hundred thousand dollars and they will not reopen until they go to court. He is hoping they open up back in time for them to resume business. You can look it up online and there are several articles about Jaguar Paw being closed. Nacho did not ask that we pay for anything now, instead reserved our spot just in case the zip is still closed.

Thanks. I am assuming that the zip line/tubing excursion offered by the cruise lines, in my case RCCL, are affected?

Thanks. I am assuming that the zip line/tubing excursion offered by the cruise lines, in my case RCCL, are affected?

Having googled around, I found the zip line was open as of the 20th of Jan -- I am not really sure that all the cave tubing runs through Jaguar's Paw. I would think the safest bet is to book through the cruise line, as, at least, if something is closed, your money will be returned if you have already paid. I also read elsewhere that Major Tom has taken folks to an alternative zip line, farther away, during this dispute.

retraction: i posted yesterday about the issue with jaguar paw and the zip lines being closed. I have since found out the information i posted was not exactly correct. I would like to retract all information in the previous post. Please know that nacho and cynthia have been nothing but wonderful in scheduling our zip lining and cave tubing tour in belize. I apologize sincerely that i was not aware of the entire story- therefore, should not have posted at all. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience and confusion i may have caused.

Archived