Early Boarding in Monte Carlo

CLOU

It's far in advance, but my husband and I are taking a cruise next year which starts in Monte Carlo. We are making independent air arrangements and will probably get to Monte Carlo around noon, and we will have all of our luggage. I have taken several RSSC cruises and the official boarding time has always been 3:00. We would like to board earlier, so we can get rid of our luggage, even if we don't have access to our stateroom. We would also like, if possible, to then disembark so that we can tour Monte Carlo. Does anyone know if this will be possible?

We/ve always been able to board between 12:30 and 1:00, on our Panama Canal last year, and our Canada/New England this year. The staterooms aren't ready, but they take your luggage at curbside, and you can go upstairs to the pool area and have lunch, and tour around the ship and then around 2:30 they announce that cabins are ready. I don't know about Monte Carlo, but I would assume that the proceedure would be the same. What cruise are you taking from Monte Carlo? We will be doing the 2nd leg of a b2b in Sept that is from Monte Carlo to Rome. Can't wait!!

Oh my gosh, just realized you are in Vienna VA - as you can see we are in Oakton, right next door so to speak!

JoAnn:D :D :D

Have you ever tried to get off he boat after boarding early. We would still like to see some of Monte Carlo (although I was there for a day some years ago). We will be on the September 10th sailing so it sounds like we may be on the same cruise. It is a small world. We were actually booked to go to Croatia and Italy in the beginning of October, but the entire boat was chartered and they notified us (actually we noticed the cruise had been removed from the web site and we contacted them first) that they had to cancel our reservation and offered to rebook us on another cruise.

No we haven't tried to get off once we were checked in and onboard, but I don't think its a problem - I do think you can do this, get onboard, have lunch, and, when we got on the Navigator, we snuck to our room, just to check it out and the Room stewardess was working like crazy to get the rooms ready and we asked if we could just drop our carry ons in the closet and she was most accommodating - however the doors are open and so there is no guarantee that your stuff is safe, but we didn't have a problem with thatk I truly wasn't worried, so I think you could then use your "cruise card" to then leave the ship and reboard without a problem.

May I sugguest you email me seperately, as there is another site, that would probably be a lot more informative and a lot of the people on there use to frequent CC boards, and still do to some extent, but I'm sure that you will be able to get a definitive answer, however, CC rules prohibit me from giving you that site on here. So email me directly and I will give you that site. As well, yes, it does sound like we will be on the same sailing Sep 10 - there is also another couple from the CC board and the othe board that will be on also for that week

You are right it is a small world. Hope RSSC gave you some compensation for the inconvenience of having to change sailings. Look forward to meeting you.

Again, sounds like we are nieghbors - it would be fun to get acquainted a bit, even if just by email before the cruise, if you are open to that - if not, will be happy to just provide any info that I can.

JoAnn:) :)

I would be happy to e-mail you directly and get more information. I also noted in your profile that you are a cruise agent and it might be interesting to discuss your thought on various items. However, your e-mail address is not available. yYu can contact me at Cecohen602@yahoo.com.

I emailed you seperately, as I cannot get my profile edited to fix that "unavailable" problem - I've tried several times and again today, so who knows, maybe its fixed. Whatever ...... hopefully you get my email and we can go from there.

Yes, you can get off the ship and do your sightseeing when you arrive and then reboard. We did it this summer in Copenhagen. We arrived at about 12:30, checked in, ate lunch and then went off to tour Copenhagen. Navigator didn't leave iuntil 11:00PM/ Returned in time for dinner.

Thanks for the information about boarding and reboarding. Since I don't think we will be there during any special event, hopefully we will have no problems getting to the ship.

Archived