The Sanctuary

Rosco722

On the Caribbean Princess which has a brand new sanctuary-there were probably about 50 lounge chairs. It costs $10.00 per person for 8am to 12:30pm and another $10.00 for the afternoon from 1pm to 5:30pm. You can reserve the whole day or part of the day. The problem I found is that there were very few loungers in the sun...on the Caribbean Princess, most lounge chairs were under a shade canopy and there was no room to move any loungers to a sunny area. There were only about 15 loungers in the sun. These sunny locations were always reserved and I could never reserve one, even in advance. But it probably depends on the ship. You can use the sanctuary for free if you have a spa service. I had a massage on the Crown Princess last year and after my massage I was free to use the Sanctuary if I had wanted to. I didn't use it, but it was an option. They also give you "noise cancelling" headphones to drown out the noise from the neighboring sundeck so you can have a quiet, blissful experience.

On the Caribbean Princess which has a brand new sanctuary-there were probably about 50 lounge chairs. It costs $10.00 per person for 8am to 12:30pm and another $10.00 for the afternoon from 1pm to 5:30pm. You can reserve the whole day or part of the day. The problem I found is that there were very few loungers in the sun...on the Caribbean Princess, most lounge chairs were under a shade canopy and there was no room to move any loungers to a sunny area. There were only about 15 loungers in the sun. These sunny locations were always reserved and I could never reserve one, even in advance. But it probably depends on the ship. You can use the sanctuary for free if you have a spa service. I had a massage on the Crown Princess last year and after my massage I was free to use the Sanctuary if I had wanted to. I didn't use it, but it was an option. They also give you "noise cancelling" headphones to drown out the noise from the neighboring sundeck so you can have a quiet, blissful experience.
Would this be somewhat in the nature of a redundancy if you had a suite or mini-suite?

Archived