If Celebrity wanted to save money...

gregjm

Definitely could cut out all those nightly hors d'oeuvres that are delivered. I haven't heard of ANYONE who likes these? We call them goo on toast... What is the point? Unless they are taking yesterday's food and making a fluffy good on the left over bread... they are totally wasting money.

Hi richsea - you are probably right :)

BTW - would you miss the production shows if they were eliminated?

Yes, I probably would miss some of the production shows; it all depends on which show. We try to see most, but tend not to see many late seating pre dinner shows.

My point is that there are many cuts X could make that I may not find offensive, but many others would. Everyone has different aspects of their cruise that are important to THEM. We have to be carefull what we wish for....... we may get it!!

As a suite passenger, I find it wasteful to provide and then remove every day the fruit. The cards and stationery are never used. And far too many spa and shop ads get tossed immediately. These have all been mentioned earlier but I would like to concur.

I definitely appreciate the bottle of champagne awaiting us in our room and would be unhappy to have that removed!

And if the food quality ever diminishes, we would have to consider another cruise line.

The production entertainment is something we really enjoy and expect.

Just my opinions......

Some have mentioned the spa and shop ads. Since they do not belong to the cruiseline, I wonder if they don't have to pay the cruiseline to have them produced and delivered? So perhaps these ads are a source of revenue for the cruiseline?

Some have mentioned the spa and shop ads. Since they do not belong to the cruiseline, I wonder if they don't have to pay the cruiseline to have them produced and delivered? So perhaps these ads are a source of revenue for the cruiseline?

Good point!

BTW, Love your avatar!:D

A lot of money could be made by installing duty free liquor stores in the departure terminal. The hassle of having booze in your checked baggage would go away and you SHOULD be able to get a good price on spirits AND smuggling would be reduced.

I think these go for any cruise lines...Carnival could just sell its name to Budwiser....

Interesting - maybe they could sell naming rights to all the ships just like sports stadiums do. Couldn't you just imagine sailing on the "Budweiser Millennium" of the Papa John's Mercury. :eek:

A lot of money could be made by installing duty free liquor stores in the departure terminal. The hassle of having booze in your checked baggage would go away and you SHOULD be able to get a good price on spirits AND smuggling would be reduced.

Then what fun would I have left. Just going o a cruise?????

The line would not get a penny from any of those sales - the port owns the terminal and Celebrity just rents it.

Just hope they don't do away with the fresh made waffles and

use the frozen kind!!!!:mad::eek:

Dam.... Already sent that in to the home office. But I did say they should still make them then package them and put them frozen onto the ship. They could have a picture on the box of an actual Celebrity person making them.

But to save even more they would farm that out to Mexico to do and deliver to the port / ship.

Thanks. My avatar is my favourite Thoroughbred race horse Wando, who won the Canadian triple crown a few years ago.

He kind of looked like a race horse, but it was hard to tell on such a small image. We used to own standardbreds 20+ years ago & I learned to appreciate close hand what magnificent animals horses are. I have a photo of our first horse in much the same pose.

Sorry if this it off topic!:o

He kind of looked like a race horse, but it was hard to tell on such a small image. We used to own standardbreds 20+ years ago & I learned to appreciate close hand what magnificent animals horses are. I have a photo of our first horse in much the same pose.

Sorry if this it off topic!:o

Hi richsea :)

Don't worry about being off topic because it is always fun to "horse" around :):)

Archived