Carnival Glory - 3/29/09

Lyndylu6

We are sailing on the Glory on 3/29. We have never been on a Carnival cruise, can anyone tell me how it compares to RC cruises?

Just a quick note, that cruise is actually on 3/28 (Saturday) not the 29th. We will be on the same cruise and it will be our second one on the Glory. Very nice ship, lots of fun!

Come join our Roll Call thread and we look forward to seeing you then.

Sam

We are sailing on the Glory on 3/29. We have never been on a Carnival cruise, can anyone tell me how it compares to RC cruises?

I did one of the small RC ships years ago, and it was almost enough to put me off cruising. I did not like the serivce or the food. I have not been on one of RC mega ships with all the bells and whistles (ie rock wall etc) but these aren't a huge deal for me. I like CCL b/c the staff is so wonderful to us and just delight in my kids.

I have never been on RCCL but the best advive I can give you is let the little stuff roll off your back and enjoy the good and fun things.

I have only been on three cruises so you could consider me a newbee. The three cruises I have been on with CCL were all on diffrent ships. I enjoyed them all but things were still diffrent.

If you get an over cooked lobster tail don't think they were all overcooked or all the meals are terrible. Just order something else. If you don't like the grits on the breakfast bar the entire bar is not awful. Just because your wait staff at dinner is not as good as your last don't mean the entire staff sucks. Just because your room stuart is not as friendly as you would like does not mean that the entire staff is unfriendly.

There could be as much diffrence between two ships in the same fleet as the diffrence between two companies.

Either way you have paid alot of money for a VACATION so go and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, You are absolutely right the cruise is 3/28. That being said, I have been on 4 RCCL cruises and have loved them all. We will be a group of 16 on this cruise and none of us have ever been on a Carnival cruise. I was just wondering how the food, service, entertainment etc was in comparison.

Archived