Prices of Thomson Cruise vs other companies

Hi

What concerns me is that if Thomson lose Destiny etc. in next year or two then, with whatever ships they replace them, they will opt for an informal style of cruising as they are doing with Island Escape. Hope not. We booked so early because we had a deadline with the infamous voucher but, as much as we love Thomson, we might have considered other ships because of the price aspect. As it stands, we couldn't have got a better deal for next year. But there is always the year after!

Sandie

We sailed on the Escape last April and had a great time. We had booked the Eastern Med 14 night cruise on the Island star but because of the purchase of Island Cruises by TUI we lost our cruise and had a voucher for a new cruise or a refund.

To get a similar itinerary to the Star we've ended up on the RCI Legend Of The Seas at a price of £500 more or a lower grade cabin and a 2 days shorter cruise.

I will agreee that the entertainment on the Escape was like Butlins but the atmosphere was great and we only saw only 1 person drunk all week.

We enjoyed it so much we've already boooked the Escape for December through our travel agent and got a deal much cheaper than the Thomson's brochure and £100 cheaper than the internet price.

And of course no dressing up like a dog's dinner in the dining room

My work Colleague has just returned from the Colourful Coasts cruise on the Celebration and had nothing but excellent reports of the Itinerary and the ship

I'll report back in June after the RCI cruise.

We have just returned from RCI Brilliance of the Seas where two glasses of house white wine on the first night was $14.99 (about £10.00) whereas the same on our last Thomson cruise was £5.30 .......so we had a tee total cruise from then on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're off with RCI in June and have been horrified by the prices of the wines of the wesite £ 25 a bottle :eek:

And one chap on RCI forums said beer was £5 a Pint :eek::eek:

So we'll be having a teetotal cruise and then enjoy the AI on the Island Escape in December:D

Archived