Catamaran Sail 'N' Snorkel, Nassau

terryde

Went on this Carnival excursion in Nassau Jan 26. loved it! Actually, we snorkel several times a year and the quality and quantity of fish and coral there surprised us this time. We also usually book privately, but this one was 1-4:30 pm, a nice big catamaran out to a reef, one hour in the water, nice sail back with free rum punch, music, dancing. The crew was great, perfect trip for beginners or experienced alike. Equipment good, boat wasn't crowded. My only complaint: The water was cold! We didn't really get used to it. (Much warmer snorkeling the next day at Half Moon Cay). There were high waves, but when you are face down in the water you don't feel that.

Highly recommend it - $49 per adult. Reasonable for this kind of trip.

Thanks for the feedback. We are thinking about one like this for our cruise next week. We are more focused on the catamaran sail more than the snorkeling just because of the coldness of the water. DH thinks 80 F is too cold for swimming.

We are also thinking about the sunset catamaran.

water temp was actually around 75 degrees, but felt colder! (I have snorkeled in much colder in springs in north Florida).

Not sure where we sailed, but about one hour out (under power) and an hour back under sail. I was surprised by the diversity of coral and fish this time - and have snorkeled Nassau twice before. Enjoy!

Archived