HELP! ISO a snorkeling product...

MamaParrotHead

I've seen them and need to know what they're called or where to find them. It's a small float/mat with a plastic window cut out of it so you can see into the water without having to don snorkels and masks. One of my kids' wears glasses, but hasn't ever snorkeled, so rather than spend $100 on a prescription snorkel mask (that the prescription would probably change by the next time we would have the chance to use them) I'd love to have an alternative.

Any thoughts? Here's a link to one of the places I saw the rafts http://www.bibr.com/cruiseship.htm#Do_you_pick_us_up_at_the_ship__.

Thanks.

Thanks. I have also dug up the mat-type ones, but am thinking these would work better with flotation vests that the kids would have on. The one thing I am curious about is why you'd need water to inflate them? Some of the reviews I've read mention needing water. Does anyone know?

Thanks so much!

The one thing I am curious about is why you'd need water to inflate them? Some of the reviews I've read mention needing water. Does anyone know?

Thanks so much!

"The product is designed so that you put water in between two panes of glass so that the child can look through the glass to see the fish below."

Water isn't used to inflate the raft (it wouldn't hold up a person if it did), the water is used to provide a clear view through the viewing window. :)

Randall

Right. It's just the little window then...I wonder if it wouldn't just fill if we submerged it, though? Weird....

Hi,

That's probably how you'd do it. Though if the water was murky you could put a lot of particulates in the glass if you didn't use fresh water.

Randall

Archived