balcony stateroom on Lido deck?

erin1998

Good afternoon everyone...:D

We are booked on our first Carnival cruise, sailing onboard the Victory. We are booked in a category 8D balcony on the LIDO deck. Can anyone tell me please if this is a very noisy area to be on? I thought the location was great, but then started wondering if it is really noisy and loud. Any advice?

Erin

I was on the Freedom over Christmas and had a balcony on the Lido. Made it easy to get to the pool deck area, not as many rooms on this deck kept traffic to a minimum, and it was one of the quieter decks I've had on a cruise.

Our first balcony cabin on Lido deck was when we booked a 'guarantee' balcony cabin - didn't know where it would be. That was 3 cruises ago, and now we request Lido deck balcony cabin. We love the convenience, have been at the front, middle, and back of ship and all the locations were good. Never had a noise problem, and it is so convenient if you need to go back to your room for something, and convenient to the buffet, pizza, and ice cream. Enjoy your cruise!

Pam in KY

Good afternoon everyone...:D

We are booked on our first Carnival cruise, sailing onboard the Victory. We are booked in a category 8D balcony on the LIDO deck. Can anyone tell me please if this is a very noisy area to be on? I thought the location was great, but then started wondering if it is really noisy and loud. Any advice?

Erin

Erin we are going on the victory 2/22. Our stateroom is a level 8D on the lido deck...I will post a review when we get bck if you would like me too.

Erin we are going on the victory 2/22. Our stateroom is a level 8D on the lido deck...I will post a review when we get bck if you would like me too.

Thanks ffmedicwife1997.....I would love to read it when you return! How wonderful for you to be leaving in just a few weeks....have a fantastic holiday and hope you have hot, sunny weather!!! :D

Thanks to everyone else for your replies! I guess we made the right decision with booking on the LIDO deck....

Erin

We have two cabins located on The Lido on The Conquest in July. One inside, one balcony. We hope to be pleased with our location, also. We have never stayed on a deck that high. We have always stayed on 6 or 7. I am looking forward to your opinion when you get back.

We are thinking of booking on Lido or Panarama deck with a balcony. Are there any areas to avoid, like the stewards closets or the ice machine area that could be noisy?

We had been in one of the cabins a few years ago on Panarama deck and can't remember if it was noisy across the hall from the blank space on these decks.

We stayed on the Verandah on Liberty last September right across from the "pantry" area. It was NOT noisy; however, whenever we opened our door or returned TO our cabin, there is always "stuff" out in the halls--carts of towels, vacuums, buckets, etc. If that doesn't bother you, it's not a bad deal since you have no one across the hall to contend with.

Our first Lido deck balcony cabin is coming up this September... we're cruising with new friends we made on our Liberty cruise last year and we're staying on the Lido. They've convinced us how wonderful it is to be "right there", so we're looking forward to trying it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived