Private Tours in Barcelona

We will be in Barcelona for 3 days after the Ruby TA in May and we are interested in a private tour guide to take us around the city and its special historic and cultural sites. Has anyone used a private tour company/person that they would/could recommend? We are also interested in going to Girona..has anyone done this with a tour company or on their own? Your responses are most appreciated. I have always found that CC members post the most amazing information and hope you will come through again.

There are direct hourly trains to/from Girona. Travel time is about 1:30. The train to Girona starts at Sants and then goes to P.Gracia if that is more convenient to where you are staying.

Barcelona is a great city and there is plenty to see and do (even if you don not take the great trip to Montserrat). I know many people like the security of a guide, but let me suggest that city is easy to do on your own with a HoHo bus and excellent public transportation. Perhaps a guide for one day, then the trip to Girona and the last day on your own? Just a thought.

Archived