S&S card question

valancy1

Hi everyone,

We may be bringing my husband's daughter on our next cruise. Since we've never cruised with children before (she's a teen), I want to understand how the S&S card works.

1. I'm assuming she'll have her own S&S card. True?

2. I'm assuming that somehow we can set a limit on her card, but can it be a daily amount or is it a total amount for the cruise, or...?

3. Can anyone share how this is done?

Thanks in advance,

1. Yes, she'll have her own card. This is also the door key for the cabin.

2. You can set a limit. I think this has to be done on board at the Purser's desk. You might be able to do it when you set up your Fun Pass. We revoked privileges then (we did). I'm not sure if you can set the limits this way though.

I assume your husbands daughter has his last name and there shouldn't be a problem, but I've read on the boards about needing to have written permission from the ex that it's okay for him to take her out of the country.

I assume your husbands daughter has his last name and there shouldn't be a problem, but I've read on the boards about needing to have written permission from the ex that it's okay for him to take her out of the country.

Yes, she has his last name. Due to some very unfortunate circumstances, we MAY very well be getting custody of her, so the above wouldn't then be an issue, as hopefully she (the ex) won't ever have a "say" again. :)

Archived