PleaseHelp! Any one stayed at the Normandie Hotel in San Juan

kkochenber

I booked this supposed "3-1/2*" hotel for March 28 ( Hotwire) for 1 night pre-cruise. But after winning and finding out the name I checked Trip Advisor and see TONS of BAD reviews :eek:! I am so worried I am thinking of just biting the bullet and paying for a more tried and true hotel. Any one here had any experiences (good or bad) with this hotel?

I booked this supposed "3-1/2*" hotel for March 28 ( Hotwire) for 1 night pre-cruise. But after winning and finding out the name I checked Trip Advisor and see TONS of BAD reviews :eek:! I am so worried I am thinking of just biting the bullet and paying for a more tried and true hotel. Any one here had any experiences (good or bad) with this hotel?

My DH and I stayed their a couple of years ago and it was ok. Nothing great and not really close to anything but not terrible and def good for one night pre-cruise, btw pool is not great at all but it is not like you booked the hotel for a week. I remember they had a comp breakfast that was very good and the Caribe Hilton is right next store if you want to go for a drink or to eat dinner.

I stayed there just a couple weeks ago. It was fine for one night. The worst part of it was a musty smell in the closet but we weren't going to unpack for one night anyway. The place isn't a resort but it does have a lot of character. Don't worry about it.

Here's a view of the odd shaped center atrium from the 4th floor.

008-2.jpg

The location is very convenient to getting the the Pan Am pier after checking out. It took us no more than 15 minutes at about 10:45am (hotel checkout was noon but we wanted to get on the ship).

We also enjoyed walking from Normandie to Escambron Beach club for lunch... another option for food is Caribe Hilton which is next door.

Archived