San Juan on Easter Sunday ???

Cleocruiser

Hello there! I think we're on the same sailing :)

First question....... how early is early?

I have no experience with Easter in SJU, but I do have experience with SJU airport and cruising. With two 3,000 passenger ships disembarking at the same time from Pan Am (and due to the holiday, both ships will sail at high capacity)........ I'd recommend taking a princess transfer.

I believe the cost difference for two people is less than 10.00. Why risk it? My motto is low stress from start to finish on vacation.

Hopefully someone who is more familar with Easter in San Juan can give you more concrete information.

Cheryl :)

Thanks,

We are a family of four, so a cab would save us about 30 dollars. We are flying Jet blue at 11:28 am. I have heard that they are in a different terminal than the other airlines. Is that true? I'm still not sure what to do. I think I will wait until I hear more reports from the recent sailings.

Ahh.. I understand. We are only 2 people traveling, so there isn't that much of a price difference between ship transfers and a taxi.

I fly out of Detroit. Jetblue does not serve our market, so I have never even noticed where their located in the terminal. Sorry :(

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Have you tried posting this question on Trip Advisor so a local expert can answer? Maybe you'll get more response there?

You could also do the self-disembark that Princess offers. As soon as the ship is cleared, you can walk off with your luggage in hand (don't put it out the night before). This can be as early as 7AM! There's a form that must be filled out and turned in mid week of the cruise. It will be announced the the Patters, too. Once out of the terminal, jump in a cab or two for your group of 6 and head to the airport.

I've only had one experience with the SJU airport and while I didn't find it overly crowded even though it was the end of Thanksgiving weekend, I did find it was sloooooow moving...especially the security check point.

I would have no problem of self disembark, but I keep reading that its not available in San Juan anymore. I guess I will have to keep watching weekly updates to find out.

I would agree Cleocruiser. It appears as though they stopped walk off self-disembark in San Juan sometime last year. Something about immigration, luggage, and San Juan port authorities having total control :).

Since I am wondering the same thing (but not as much time restraint), I have posted the quesiton on trip advisor here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147320-i72-k2532704-Help_Please_Getting_taxi_on_Easter_Sunday-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

Maybe we can get a local expert to chime in.

Archived