What kind of cooler do you use?

beach410

And how do you get it in the room? I had read so many threads about people getting their coolers confiscated at the port, even when the size was close to the allowable 12x12x12, I bought a soft sided cooler and packed it in my suitcase previously.

How do you do it?

I had my roller cooler which was very close to 12 by 12 by 12 measurements taken in September! I'm bringing a shoulder 12 pack cooler this year and bringing a tape measure with me in case they try to steal my cooler this year!

I would pack it away if I were you, because while they allow them on board, you can not use them for a suitcase or such, something about coolers not able to be xray'd, this is for security purposes.

i bring a collapsable one in my suitcase for the room. I think it holds a twelve-pack when expanded. I also bring a little six pack cooler with my meds in it, since they have to stay refrigerated. I had no trouble getting on the Fantasy last July with it. They handchecked it instead of Xraying it, I think

I would pack it away if I were you, because while they allow them on board, you can not use them for a suitcase or such, something about coolers not able to be xray'd, this is for security purposes.

We use one and put our sodas in it and check it with our checked bags. Now this one is white inside not the silver lined style. Its been on the last 4 cruises with us and has made it to the room every time.

And how do you get it in the room? I had read so many threads about people getting their coolers confiscated at the port, even when the size was close to the allowable 12x12x12, I bought a soft sided cooler and packed it in my suitcase previously.

How do you do it?

Don't bring one....don't need one.

We brought a soft sided cooler on a cruise last year and I asked the steward to ice it down every day (gave him a nice extra tip:)) and it got saturated and leaked onto the carpet:o He told me to put a towel under it. That seemed to help, but it still got wet on the outside. I guess I will try putting the contents into a zip lock bag and placing that in the cooler? Any idea's? So, you can't bring the hard plactic coolers onto the ship? I have a very small one that is smaller than the 12x12 size that was mentioned.

We brought a soft sided cooler on a cruise last year and I asked the steward to ice it down every day (gave him a nice extra tip:)) and it got saturated and leaked onto the carpet:o He told me to put a towel under it. That seemed to help, but it still got wet on the outside. I guess I will try putting the contents into a zip lock bag and placing that in the cooler? Any idea's? So, you can't bring the hard plactic coolers onto the ship? I have a very small one that is smaller than the 12x12 size that was mentioned.

Our ice chest stays on our balcony so it doesn't matter if it leaks:)

But like Thirsty mentioned.....you can stick it in your bathroom/shower

Just stick it in the bathroom and no worries. If you insist on having it in the cabin, the definitely make huge zip locks that will accommodate the cooler.

You can bring hard coolers, but they must be smaller than 12x12. Apparently they will take them, although I am not sure why they would not just let you take it back to your car :confused:

Just stick it in the bathroom and no worries.

Exactly! This is what we do at hotels too......just stick them in the tub:D

Actually when we were in Hawaii one year.....we just filled the tub with with ice used that as our ice chest...

Ice was free......

Not true, an x-ray machine can penetrate right through the cooler. The reason was that the larger coolers were causing too much disruption and delaying people in line as security had to manually check them. Also on some coolers the lead curtains on the x-ray machine would cause the container to flip over causing a mess.

Dave

We have used our cooler that is close to 12x12x12 to carry our shoes and we put our booze in the checked luggage. We haven't as of yet had a problem bringing it on board.

We have also checked it with our shoes in it with the porter and it has made it. This is as recent as Oct, Nov and Dec.

Should I worry now???? That would be a bummer!

Not true, an x-ray machine can penetrate right through the cooler. The reason was that the larger coolers were causing too much disruption and delaying people in line as security had to manually check them. Also on some coolers the lead curtains on the x-ray machine would cause the container to flip over causing a mess.

Dave

I think they must have been referring to the coolers with the silver lining.

Last month we bought a 12x12 with plastic insert and put sodas and water and carried it on. They just asked if we had ice in it, which we didn't so they sent us through. That was out of Jaxport. Don't know what will happen in November on the Victory, time will tell.

We have a soft-sided cooler we pack into our luggage. I line ours with a black garbage bag and then have the steward keep ice in it. It stays in the shower. When we need to use the shower, we pull it out. The trash bag keeps it from leaking...

9 days til we cruise!

Archived