thinking of cancelling venturer

jovijo

Help - We are booked to go around the med on ventura on 16th Aug (we have two girls 9 and 11) and after reading all the comments especially the butlins at sea I am really concerned.

We experienced our first cruise last year on Explorer of the seas (RCI) and thought it was fantastic, we tried this year for another RCI ship but could not get the cruises we wanted.

Has anyone with children sailed with venturer and do they have any positive comments ?

Hi Jovijo, I was in almost exactly the same position as you last year. I was on the phone to my travel agent trying to cancel my ventura cruise because of bad press. It was absolutely fine in the end and as someone else say I went on with very low expectations. We are 30 yrs old with a 10 month old and he had a wonderful time.

The negative comments as someone else has pointed out were by the staunch PandO old timers who are older with no kids.

Ventura was always aimed at the family market, problem is they ignore that fact and want to try out the newest ship all the time and say they've been on it. It's their own fault for ignoring the obvious fact that it's not the right ship for them.

Your girls will have an amazing time. We thought Ventura was lovely and food was great etc.

Stop worrying and enjoy your holiday - it will be great !

Hi Phil, Glad you enjoyed the Ventura. What do you say to this charge that is labeled at the Ventura of not being classy enough ?

To help Philip out I think the word he is looking for is 'Cobblers' to that thought.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

We cruised on Ventura last August with our daughter (16) and we had an amazing time as did her friends she made on board.

You will enjoy it, I can virtually guarantee that.

A bold statement Philip, I really should have gone with you and not the one before!!

:D

You have just answered the question Gerry, when people refer to it as "not being classy enough" its not the ship they are refering to but the passengers. Which is a whole different ball game.

Thanks for that. I have informed the Mrs of her classlessnessness. She thanks you too. We look forward joining our 3,200 classlesslessless passengers in a few weeks.

Are the passengers crassly judgemental as well? That would be too much. I may have to set fire to a tree.

Apples and pears, gor blimey, scratch scratch.

Thanks for that. I have informed the Mrs of her classlessnessness. She thanks you too. We look forward joining our 3,200 classlesslessless passengers in a few weeks.

Are the passengers crassly judgemental as well? That would be too much. I may have to set fire to a tree.

Apples and pears, gor blimey, scratch scratch.

Are you talking in code again [ didn't understand the last bit at all ]

I have never said anything about the Ventura lacking class, that's other peoples opinion. I am just working through what they mean.

You have just answered the question Gerry, when people refer to it as "not being classy enough" its not the ship they are refering to but the passengers. Which is a whole different ball game.

I am glad I have answered whatever question you migh have set. I don't understand most of your posts that one included.

We all have different views, is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

I can understand why someone likes Ventura, especially someone like Philip. From the conversations I have had wth him, not a lot will stop him from enjoying himself, a lovely personality trait to posses.

I am glad I have answered whatever question you migh have set. I don't understand most of your posts that one included.

We all have different views, is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

I can understand why someone likes Ventura, especially someone like Philip. From the conversations I have had wth him, not a lot will stop him from enjoying himself, a lovely personality trait to posses.

I am just trying to clear things up, tie up a few loose ends, you were the one who described the Ventura as " not being classy enough " I guess you still hold these views, if you don't or I have misquoted you feel free to put the record straight.

I am just trying to clear things up, tie up a few loose ends, you were the one who described the Ventura as " not being classy enough " I guess you still hold these views, if you don't or I have misquoted you feel free to put the record straight.

I find your responses stranger and stranger, I think I will give up on this one.

:mad:

I had a good time, there were things that could have got under your skin if you had really let them but I have never been on a holiday where this has not been the case.

As for being Classy?? define classy for me and I will tell you.

Everyone stuck to the dress code on our cruise, 99% of people were polite and well mannered.

I really do not know what all this fuss is about Ventura maybe I have just not cruised enough.

Chris

Our recent Ventura experience (March) mirrors that of Chris so we would

cruise on her again, but definitely not in peak periods when all the 4 bed cabins would be occupied.

As for her sister ship Azura, we won't be considering her at all.

Why? because the sports area and quite a proportion of deck space including the 'swim up pool' is now a pay only space.

Ramblas one of our favourite bars is to become a 'yuppie' wine bar (no pints) and yet another pay restaurant.

Regards

Cb

I had a good time, there were things that could have got under your skin if you had really let them but I have never been on a holiday where this has not been the case.

As for being Classy?? define classy for me and I will tell you.

Everyone stuck to the dress code on our cruise, 99% of people were polite and well mannered.

I really do not know what all this fuss is about Ventura maybe I have just not cruised enough.

Chris

You will have to ask Gerry to define classy, its an expression that he trots out, but will not say what he means by it.

Why? because the sports area and quite a proportion of deck space including the 'swim up pool' is now a pay only space.

Ramblas one of our favourite bars is to become a 'yuppie' wine bar (no pints) and yet another pay restaurant.

That is a real shame, I wanted to try Ramblas but the cover charge put me off, it was not that it was expencive just the fact there was so much other food that was free.

Its a shame P&O are going down the charging for more route as when the $ recovers they are not going to be as competative on price as they currently are.

I would not go on Ventura in the school holidays but then again I realise Ventura is a family ship so would book Arcadia if I was bothered by too many children.

Chris

You will have to ask Gerry to define classy, its an expression that he trots out, but will not say what he means by it.

Stylish, possessing not a little intellect, charismatic, polite, taking an interest in others.

Shucks !! am I describing myself :o:o:o

Cb

Thanks for that C/B, I wonder if it fits in with Gerrys definition. I guess we will never know.

Why on earth does it matter to you so much?

Isn't this exciting, I have never had my own personal stalker before.

Why on earth does it matter to you so much?

Isn't this exciting, I have never had my own personal stalker before.

Dont tell everyone:D Cos they will all want one.:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Please dont cancel, we nearly did, it would have been a big mistake. We do not have children but those on board seemed happy and content with what was provided. we LOVED this cruise, please see our separate comments, I cant understand some people. Some children were given tasks to kmeep them occupied, all were well behaved, some people have got a need to complain. Kind regards:):):):):)

Archived