double booking

angel69

Is it possible for TA to book a room for me that already has been booked from somebody else (another agency). How can I find out? I received a quote for rooms that do not show on RCCL web-site as available and the quote is VERY low. Do I have to be suspicious about that deal?

Is it possible for TA to book a room for me that already has been booked from somebody else (another agency). How can I find out? I received a quote for rooms that do not show on RCCL web-site as available and the quote is VERY low. Do I have to be suspicious about that deal?

Not all available rooms show up on the RCCL website.

I didn't think anyone (TA) could sell a cruise cheaper then RCCL? I could be wrong...though. I would make sure the quote they gave you has all the fees and taxes included!

If you received a quote for a cabin, then it won't show as available on the website any longer until you decline it. It is being held. As far as the price, it would be whatever RCI is asking for the cabin plus whatever perk the TA wanted to give you.

I can't say what happens now, but in 1995 we were booked in the same cabin on American Hawaii's Independence along with two other couples. It took till nearly 11 pm to straighten out where everybody was staying on a supposedly full ship! Best of luck!

I can't say what happens now, but in 1995 we were booked in the same cabin on American Hawaii's Independence along with two other couples. It took till nearly 11 pm to straighten out where everybody was staying on a supposedly full ship! Best of luck!

So...it happens. Does anybody was held responsible for that? What was your TA response? I hope this is not my case :)

Archived