Thoughts and tips about your experiences on the Costa Fortuna

Alde

My husband and I are going on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Costa Fortuna ship leaving Fort Lauderdale on Feb 22/09. This is our very first cruise ever.

We would like to hear what you have to say about this ship.... good or bad...

Do you have any tips for us....

Thanks in advance.

Alde

Hi Alde,

have you joined our roll call?

I´m on the same cruise as you go on.

It is my second time on the Fortuna, and I absolutely loved the first time. Just go with an open mind.

Costa is an international cruise line, used by lots of europeans, which means you´ll hear lots of different languages onboard and every important notice is given in up to 6 languages. I was once told, that if the information given wasn´t in my language than it wasn´t relevant for me. Works great for me...

Apart from that, just enjoy it :) Costa offers drink packages, you can read about them on this forum.

Do you have excursions planned?

kasi / Ute

We loved it!!!!!! Can say enough good things about it. The only thing we did not like was we had late seating (which we always have) but the service in the dining room was very slow. Maybe they worked that kink out already. We thought the entertainment, shows and productions were very nice. Don't miss the Roman night toga party. I believe this is the last night of the cruise. This is a really good time!!! Max the Cruise director was awesome. We thought the food in the buffets and dining room to be very good. We have cruised many times before and I have to say that Costa Fortuna was the most fun we have ever had on any cruise before. Those Italians really know how to throw a good party!!!!!! Enjoy your cruise, we would love to be able to cruise Costa again in the near future and would not hesitate to book another cruise with them. Also, we thought the ship was lovely.

Archived