Is it ok to bring Bubba Mugs into the dining room?

skay

From the posts here, it seems like it's fine to walk around the ship and go to the Lido deck with Bubba Mugs, but is it ok to bring them into the dining room at dinner time? Never having been on a cruise I have no reference point, but it would seem out of place to do that.

Only if you wear your bib overalls......And the little lady wears her tater sack evening gown.......LOL

This should be a funny thread....

On a serious note....If that is what you feel like doing.....Have fun....

We have our 2 Bubba Kegs ready to go. Perfect for poolside lounging, but we don't plan on using them elsewhere.

For those who are interested, Bubba Kegs are sold at Wal Mart. They're an isulated mug, designed to look like a keg, and hold about a quart of liquid. We can attest that when filled with cold beer, the beer stays cold all day and won't go flat.

Only if you wear your bib overalls......And the little lady wears her tater sack evening gown.......LOL

The nonsense really isn't necessary -- or permittied.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=895885

It was a straightforward question. And if you think that there's something wrong with asking a legitimate question on a board geared for sharing information about cruises, the problem is with you, not the question or the questioner. Maybe in another 11,000 posts, you'lll figure that out. For now, you're simply another poster added to the ignore list.

And thanks to the posters who responded with helpful posts.

Wow, I'm so glad you asked this! I'd never even seen or heard of these before, and now I MUST have one! Do you just pour the drink in it and it stays cold? or do you have to have the mug in the freezer first?

I don't know why they'd have a problem with you taking it into the DR, I say go for it :p

Why would you want to carry it to dinner?
The only reason would be because I'd read in some threads that service in the dining room can at times be poor/slow when it comes to getting/refilling water glasses. And I usually drink water all throughout the day, including meals. But as I stated clearly in my first post, I assumed it was NOT ok to bring the mugs into the dining room; I posted to get clarification.

The only reason would be because I'd read in some threads that service in the dining room can at times be poor/slow when it comes to getting/refilling water glasses. And I usually drink water all throughout the day, including meals. But as I stated clearly in my first post, I assumed it was NOT ok to bring the mugs into the dining room; I posted to get clarification.

If I brought mine in the DR I would put it under the table and if needed refill my water glass OR I would just let them know the first night that you would like to insure your water glass be kept full during the meal...I am sure they would do that.

Enjoy your cruise! And thanks for the tip about the Bubba Mug I am going to get one for poolside and for camping! :-) Does it keep it really cold?

If I brought mine in the DR I would put it under the table and if needed refill my water glass OR I would just let them know the first night that you would like to insure your water glass be kept full during the meal...I am sure they would do that.

Enjoy your cruise! And thanks for the tip about the Bubba Mug I am going to get one for poolside and for camping! :-) Does it keep it really cold?

Keeps cold cold, and hot hot. :D

It was one of the things listed right up there with power strips and battery powered alarm clocks in the "BEST TIPS" thread.

Here's a dumb question... DH has one for work.... it's part metal... would that throw any alarms going through x-ray if you packed it with your checked luggage?

We bought the red glasses with the lids when we bought our Fountain Card. We took that to the dining room because our drink girl was HORRIBLE the first two nights. I think she got the hint because after that she had drinks ready for us. (I think our waiter heard us say something to eachother that our main was being served and still no drinks)

tn_note301-Banjo-Banjos-18_0212-3105-1604.gif

"Cumma listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed, a poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed...........................".tn_note301-Banjo-Banjos-18_0212-3105-1604.gif

Would you feel out of place taking it to a nice restaurant? Because that is the intended atmosphere of the dining room. And the wait stand is only a few feet away. Maybe you could request that they leave a picture of water on the table as a backup.

Funny how you get offended with sarcastic (and notice I haven't been) responses to your question, but I've seen you on other threads being disrespectful to people with valid questions. The questions are the issue, because most people are sincere in wanting answers.

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it today - back to the question - I guess I wouldn't find it appropriate since it is a dinning room - but around the pool by all means go ahead!!

The nonsense really isn't necessary -- or permittied.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=895885

It was a straightforward question. And if you think that there's something wrong with asking a legitimate question on a board geared for sharing information about cruises, the problem is with you, not the question or the questioner. Maybe in another 11,000 posts, you'lll figure that out. For now, you're simply another poster added to the ignore list.

And thanks to the posters who responded with helpful posts.

Please tell me this is a joke, I am so gullible sometimes. :o

Jessemon responded to your question with some humor, but it was not out of line, (and was technically on-topic). I assumed (like many others I am sure) that your original post was a joke.

Wheter or not you assumed it was ok, would you REALLY bring a Bubba Keg into the DR?:confused:

For clarification, it would not be a terribly classy move, but then again you see all kinds of stuff in the DR;)

Archived