Is it ok to bring Bubba Mugs into the dining room?

skay

Nothing wrong with a little humor.......just sayin'. :p

I learned something on this thread.......never heard of a Bubba Mug before!

OP ~ do what you feel comfortable with. If you think it would seem out of place (as you said in your OP), then maybe you wouldn't feel comfortable taking it. But if you change your mind.....take it. I doubt if the Maitre D' is going to stop you from taking it in if that is what you wish to do. I've walked into the dining room with a drink that I ordered in the bar outside before.

I dont think you are being fair to Jessemon and Gma, re hijacking this thread. They simply injected a bit of humor into a thread that asks a very silly question. Most of us "low life, trailer trash" Carnival die hards would never even consider taking a Bubba Keg into the dinining room. It is supposed to be a fine dining experience. Most of the servers are not slow, if they are speak up, it will be fixed. Ask for a pitcher of water. Simple solutions. Please tell me you were not serious!

I would not be comfortable with my big plastic bubba mug sitting next to my china plate but if it has a silver ring around it, it might coordinate with the silverware.

Diana, go add your cabin number to the roll call!

I think OP's question is a legitimate one; however, I don't think it's something to get upset over. The fact that it is called a "bubba" mug asks for the humor that is showing up in the responses.

OP: it's all good. :) I don't think you need to be offended by the humor. The insulated mug is a good idea for carrying around your drinks and keeping them cold, and obviously, you realized it might not be entirely welcomed in the dining room, or you wouldn't have posted this question.

I dont think you are being fair to Jessemon and Gma, re hijacking this thread. They simply injected a bit of humor into a thread that asks a very silly question. Most of us "low life, trailer trash" Carnival die hards would never even consider taking a Bubba Keg into the dinining room. It is supposed to be a fine dining experience. Most of the servers are not slow, if they are speak up, it will be fixed. Ask for a pitcher of water. Simple solutions. Please tell me you were not serious!

Is this the message that is hidden? Just askin.......

The nonsense really isn't necessary -- or permittied.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=895885

It was a straightforward question. And if you think that there's something wrong with asking a legitimate question on a board geared for sharing information about cruises, the problem is with you, not the question or the questioner. Maybe in another 11,000 posts, you'lll figure that out. For now, you're simply another poster added to the ignore list.

And thanks to the posters who responded with helpful posts.

If you are that sensitive to an innocent joke, then please preemptively add me to your ignore list!

I like the idea of a bubba mug. If I buy a soda card, will the bartender fill my bubba mug up with soda? Or do they only give out a glass at a time?

I think this is a great question! This is my first cruise, have bought the soda card, but don't know the ruling on getting it filled? I wouldn't bring it to the dining room, BUT some people might, and I think it was a good question. So, will they fill the Bubba mug with a soda card?

Thank You

This message is hidden because tess2cruz is on your ignore list.

- really you must have known brining something called a BUBBA KEG into the DR would create some funny comments?? Fill that BUBBA Keg with some punch & rum and relax a bit it's all good

Only if you wear your bib overalls......And the little lady wears her tater sack evening gown.......LOL

This should be a funny thread....

On a serious note....If that is what you feel like doing.....Have fun....

Bad Doggie! :D ;)

Is this the message that is hidden? Just askin.......

LMAO!!!

If you are that sensitive to an innocent joke, then please preemptively add me to your ignore list!

How do I get on that ignore list? I would wear it as a badge of honor;)

Add me too, please (if you have not done so already) :D

I got a mug even better than a Bubba...holds 72 oz. However, you have to remember you have to carry it around!! I get a workout when I use my mug...got it in a truckstop. I think somewhere you have to draw a line, because when it becomes exercise just to take a sip of soda or ice water...there is just something not right...

The only reason would be because I'd read in some threads that service in the dining room can at times be poor/slow when it comes to getting/refilling water glasses. And I usually drink water all throughout the day, including meals. But as I stated clearly in my first post, I assumed it was NOT ok to bring the mugs into the dining room; I posted to get clarification.

I've never experienced a delay in the refill of water glasses. In fact, I just got off Destiny yesterday and I swear, every time I took a sip of my water, someone was filling it. I was afraid I'd get water poisoning from drinking so much water! But, it truly is the place to get your water, versus drinking the stuff out of the room.

The nonsense really isn't necessary -- or permittied.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=895885

It was a straightforward question. And if you think that there's something wrong with asking a legitimate question on a board geared for sharing information about cruises, the problem is with you, not the question or the questioner. Maybe in another 11,000 posts, you'lll figure that out. For now, you're simply another poster added to the ignore list.

And thanks to the posters who responded with helpful posts.

You're kidding, right?

How many ounces does the Bubba Mug hold? Someone said it can be purchased at Walmart. What is the approximate price? Is it in the camping area? Thanks
Various sizes from 20 oz to 5 gallons. I can only guess what size Daisy Mae and Joe Bob will be bringing to the dining room.

Here's a dumb question... DH has one for work.... it's part metal... would that throw any alarms going through x-ray if you packed it with your checked luggage?

We bought the red glasses with the lids when we bought our Fountain Card. We took that to the dining room because our drink girl was HORRIBLE the first two nights. I think she got the hint because after that she had drinks ready for us. (I think our waiter heard us say something to eachother that our main was being served and still no drinks)

If you walk through the metal detector with one it will beep. But, then you're not supposed to carry anything through the metal detector.

It will show up when it goes through the xray or scanner, but it won't set off alarms. They may check it to see if it's full of alcohol.

I got my Bubba Keg yesterday at Walmart for $7.00. It is the 34oz. travel mug that will fit in a cup holder. Some people complained that they could be top heavy, but I have had no problems. I am drinking from it right now. No, it did not fall over when I sat it down, and my water was nice and cold.:D I believe the bigger one was $10.00.

So it is possible to get a "keg on wheels" ?
Not an option on the Bubba Keg website. But I'm sure anyone wanting to bring it into the DR will have a welding rig at home. Probably even inside their home. Should be no problem at all to rig up a set of squeaky wheels to draw even more attention to themselves.

After all, doesn't it sound like that is all they want??

Archived