What car rental companies pick up at port?

rickdeni

After the cruise we want to rent a car for 10 days. Do all of the major rental companies have van pickup at the pier to take you back to Fort Lauderdale airport to rent the car. Would I do better if I rented from a neighborhood address. For a full size car for a week the cheapest price I am getting is $687 which seems awful high to me. Who has used what company lately and from what location? Thanks for your help!!!

There is a shuttle between the FLL rental center and Port Everglades; I believe the FLL website has a list of which companies are part of the shuttle service.

We rented a car with Thrifty last month pre-cruise, using the Orlando Magic Card (004M001010) discount code. We picked up the car at the airport, and returned it to their office right at the entrance to Port Everglades, which has its own shuttle to the port (not sure if it does pick up service as well, or just drop off). We were very pleased with their service, and the Magic Card rate is the best - I tried a rental from Feb. 28 to March 10, and I'm getting a base rate of between $227-520. That rate code also gives you a free second driver.

There is a shuttle that picks you up at port everglades and takes you to the airport. It is a huge bus and they will drop you off at all car rental places. They run every 15 minutes. I rented from Alamo a few weeks ago. I found prices cheaper online than calling direct. Dollar and Thrifty are right by the port but they don't open till 9am. The ones at the airport are open all the time. We did express walk off and was in our rental car by 8:30am.

Archived