Passport Stamps

E&HT

I've been reading posts for a verrrrry long time (although I haven't posted often). I remember reading some posts about getting passports stamped and various things that people have done to get the stamps.

We are traveling on the Pearl to Belize, Roatan, Cozumel, and Great Stirrup Cay. My daughter (and me too!) would like to get our passports stamped.

Has anyone gone recently and had their passports stamped or know of how to have that done?

(We are doing NCL excursions in Belize and Roatan so I don't know if that makes it easier or more complicated.)

Thanks!

(We are looking forward to our first cruise on Feb. 15th!)

We were in Belize and Guatemala in April of '08 and got our passports stamped. In Belize, I believe there was a office in the shopping area where your tender lands. I just asked at Diamond's International and they showed us where the office was located. Since then I have read in several posts that you can give your passport to the reception desk and they will make sure your passport gets stamped. (They will give you a receipt for your passport)

Technically you are cleared through immigration in Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, but you won't know it. It is all done via lists from NCL --- you won't get in line or anything. There is no immigration at all at Great Stirrup Cay.

So, to get a passport stamped, you will have to search out immigration offices in these ports, if there are any. That could be something that gets in the way of excursions or independent tours.

The other posters suggestion to contact the ship's reception desk may the the easiest way to get a stamp... I don't have any personal experience doing that, but it is worth checking out before your first port arrival.

I don't think that I have had a passport stamped by another country in many years, and then only where a visa was required. I have been able to get a few stamps by asking for them, but nothing automatic. Soon, with the new "credit card" e-passport, there won't be any place to stamp them at all.

This is an immigration station in Cozumel, where you dock, but I don't have any experience there, as on a (non-RCL) cruise we got back from an excursion just in time to make the ship.

The reception desk is a good place to start, but in my experience it's iffy. I'm never had luck asking them. Best bet is to contact the tourism office in those countries that interest you, and ask them where the immigration office is, or where you can get your passport stamped.

Technically you are cleared through immigration in Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, but you won't know it. It is all done via lists from NCL --- you won't get in line or anything. There is no immigration at all at Great Stirrup Cay.

So, to get a passport stamped, you will have to search out immigration offices in these ports, if there are any. That could be something that gets in the way of excursions or independent tours.

The other posters suggestion to contact the ship's reception desk may the the easiest way to get a stamp... I don't have any personal experience doing that, but it is worth checking out before your first port arrival.

I don't think that I have had a passport stamped by another country in many years, and then only where a visa was required. I have been able to get a few stamps by asking for them, but nothing automatic. Soon, with the new "credit card" e-passport, there won't be any place to stamp them at all.

How sad! I don't want an e-passport. Can you opt out? That has always been part of the fun in the past. I guess postcards will be going by the wayside as well.

Hey, maybe we could start a new trend, send postcards to ourselves back home (I've done this:)), send them to co-workers; I have a cartoon posted on my office window of neighbor jumping up and down on postcard received while she's stuck doing laundry at home. I think it's "Rose".

Archived