Recommendations for cruising with a 3 year old

sallen31

Hi. I'm cruising northbound from Vancouver by myself with my 3 year old daughter. Ports include Ketchikan, Skagway and Juneau. Anyone have any suggestions on what shore excursions would be appropriate to do with my daughter, I don't think I want to leave her on the ship alone. I think the White Pass Train would be good. If you have any other recommendations on crusing with a toddler I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

We will be cruising to Alaska in September with a 3 year old. There will be 3 adults, so a little easier to trade off.

I have been looking for mild excurions that would not stress or bore my grandson & have discovered the following.

Ketchican - Duck Tour - This is a bus that tours the city and drives into the water so that you can get a tour of the waterfront.

Juneau - Looking at renting a car (Rent-A-Wreck) and driving to areas around. Still need to look at whether they have child seats available, or if not, how we will handle that part.

Hope this helps.:)

We went last summer with our then 18 month old and our 10 and 7 year olds (boys).

Here's my recommendations:

Vancouver: we looooved Vancouver, there is plenty to do in Stanley Park, bike riding, train rides, water park. You can rent a bike with a trailer and bike all around the park and feed the ducks. Great playgrounds!

Ketchikan: The lumberjack show was entertaining, but I'm not sure I would spend the money with a 3YO. Just walking through town is great, we did not make it very far as we had a flight scheduled, but I think there is a lot to see just by strolling.

Juneau: We did a walking tour of downtown and then drove out to Mendenhall Glacier. We did rent from rent-a-wreck, but we had our own car seat. We did a hike on Douglas Island which everyone really liked.

Skagway: Others took the train to Frasier and then I picked them up and we drove to Emerald Lake and then stopped in Carcross for ice cream. The train ride was shorter than the White Pass Summit. I think there are several tour companies that can do a similar sort of tour.

Hope that helps!

Archived