Suggestion for short summer cruise?

Sovereign and Majesty look like they take shorter cruises out of Florida. Between those two ships, which one is better and why? I have two children, 6 and 9. Are there other RCCL ships that also take shorter cruises from other ports? Are these shorter cruises worth it? Is there a TA that discounts these cruises the best?

The VOS is cruising out of Bayonne, New Jersey for 5 night cruises to Canada. It is going to St. John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia

The world is like a book if you do not travel you only read one page.
St Augustine

I would take the Majesty over the Soveirgn, I have not heard anything great about that ship.I was on a 3 day on the Majesty last fall and loved the ship.Is this your 1st cruise? The weather will be beautiful in June. We are going on a 7 day western on the mariner 6/6/04 Hope this helps

The VOS is starting this season out of NJ it's first cruise is May 15. If you have not seen NY this is a wonderful time to do a Pre, Post in the "Big Apple".

The world is like a book if you do not travel you only read one page.
St Augustine

I have been on the Sovereign 4 times and really love the ship. Granted it is older and is not has sparkling and big has the new ships sailing but we have always had a wonderful time when cruising on her. I have not been on the Majesty but usually if you sail with RCCL, you can't go wrong.

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Give me any ship, I want to cruise! :
Ask yourself why a short cruise. Is it time, $$, or location. You can sometimes do a 4 day cruise (better) for about the same cost.
We did a last minute 3 day on the Majesty (May 2003). It was a great deal, so the drive to Miami was worth it!
We did the Sovereign (7 days 1994, 3 days 2001)& hope to do another 3 day Oct/Nov this year. The Soverign because time, location, $, and Mother-in-law may go.
I HEARD THAT SOVEREIGN IS GOING IN FOR DRYDOCK IN DECEMBER. But I still want the SOVEREIGN!
Happy cruising, your children will love it!

The Enchantment also does 4 or 5 nighters out of Ft Lauderdale. I have done both the Enchantment and the Majesty, both ships are maintained very well, and the crew on both were fabulous! I would do either one again in a heartbeat!!

Disney Magic - Western
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;6;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Sherry

Archived