Questions about cruising RCCL with a 2 1/2 year old.

RN7997

A frioend is considering cruising AOS with us this May. Her son would be 2 years 9 months at the time of cruising. She is a young mom and would be cruising in a room with a male friend and has some concerns.

1) The rest of us going are not bringing kids and chose late dining b/c of port schedule. She knows she can feed him earlier but what about care for him?? Ever use in room care??? Thoughts??

2) He still sleeps in a crib....she was concidering a d1 balcony...will they put a crib in there??? Space concerns????

3) He is alomost potty trained. I know Adventure Ocean is supoosed to be for 3 year and up, but on the ship do they ever make exceptions if the child is mature and trained?????? RCCL told me no but I wasnt sure if anyone ever was able to find this to be different on the ship????

4) The youngest I ever took my kids was 5....how do you manage during the day??? Naps etc??? She is really thinkning about not going b/c of his age....so I wanted to ask the pros here 1st!!!

Thanks

As the previous poster said, there are no exceptions to the 3 year old rule on RCCL's Adventure Ocean. I took my 2 year 8 month son on AOS last year. There really wasn't much to occupy him. They will likely have in room babysitting available at $10-12/hour.

Archived