self assist debark - how does this work?

js2003

Only US citizens with no Customs declarations are eligible.

You do *not* put your luggage out the night before.

When the "express debarkation" announcement is made, you leave the ship, carrying all of your luggage with you. Do *not* delay, this window is only open for a very limited time.

You will be one of the first off the ship.

You have to carry every piece of your luggage off. Which often means carrying all of your luggage down several flights of stairs, the elevators are typically useless unless you want to wait and wait... many people do this if they don't have much luggage... I always have way too much! LOL!!! But if you don't have much, you can do it... but if you do it, you will get off the ship earlier...

Only US citizens with no Customs declarations are eligible.

You do *not* put your luggage out the night before.

When the "express debarkation" announcement is made, you leave the ship, carrying all of your luggage with you. Do *not* delay, this window is only open for a very limited time.

You will be one of the first off the ship.

We just did this on the Imagination yesterday. The window of opprotunity was 7:30-8:30am with all your bags. We were off ship by 9am but the delay wasn't staff employees but passengers that wre not prepared to show proper paperwork and dragging there luggage down the ships stairs. You need to be able to carry your luggage.

Since you are not having to catch a flight, why not just hang around and enjoy a nice breakfast without all of the rush? We did express deparkation on the fascination a couple of months ago. It was great - we caught a FLL flight at 9:50 a.m. b/c we were off the ship so early.

I think we have decided to try staying an extra night after the cruise just so we don't feel so rushed to get off the ship. I hate having a nice relaxing week and then all the stress of getting off the ship fast.

Just my opinion of course. :)

-joy

On the Glory two weeks ago they did the self assist as well as regular debarking by luggage tag color. We always have way to much stuff for that and as a previous poster stated, the elevators are useless. We still got off the ship by 930. Actually faster than some of the self assist folks. It was hysterical watching people try to go down seven decks with 3 suitcases. It's really meant for those who travel light.

You never know until you ask!!! Its so great to have the opportunity to ask your questions ahead of time and have all the experts only a "click" away! :p I can see now that unless I can pack like the "Diva" I had better sleep late and get that relaxing breakfast... I don't think either one of us will be in hurry to get off the ship but always good to know what options are available. I hate to be the "uninformed". Thanks everyone!

Archived