Military Discounts

marinewife2

We are wanting to take a cruise in the middle of July. My Marine husband is deployed & that is the time that he put in to come home for his R & R time.

I have been searching the internet and it looks like Carnival has the best discounts from what I can see. Everyone told me to book with Carnival. We only want to go for about 5 days since my hubby does not want to spend all his time on a ship & traveling to Florida to get on a cruise.

We do have 2 children that are 8 & 12 that will be going along with us so we want to do something fun with them too. That is why I suggested a cruise.

I am wondering if I should wait and book the closer it gets since I see they have last min. deals.

Any help would be wonderful :).

We have booked three out of 4 cruises with a travel agent, and twice she has gotten us better deals later on that we first got. She also knows who will give you military discounts and how to get them. We got our military discount on our upcoming NCL cruise, but last year Carnival was cheaper at the group rate (we had 10) than military rate. Our TA knows what to do and how to do it, plus they can sometimes get you extras like onboard credits.

Google "military discounts on cruises" and choose the first one on the list. They allow you to search for discounts based on residency, military etc. as well as length of cruise you desire. Carnival offers great military discounts, but times they are offered vary. We have gotten some amazing discounts over the years.

Since you presumably need a cabin for 4 - suggest you book

as soon as you are able to find an appropriate cabin for your

preferred date(s). As I understand it - cabins for 4 are

not that easy to obtain. If the price goes down after

booking, your TA should be able to get the reduced price for

you.

Also - be sure to check out passport requirements - to

be sure you have them in time !

Archived