Looking for reasonably priced hotel near Galveston terminal

Grits53

I'd like some input on the hotels/motels that have reopened near the Galveston cruise terminal since Ike. My friend and I would only be staying one night, and we don't want to sink a fortune into it just for over night. We are two ladies in our 50's and want to be safe and comfortable. Any hotel suggestions for us that won't break the bank? Thanks.

Edited to add that we will be there in mid April.

I'd like some input on the hotels/motels that have reopened near the Galveston cruise terminal since Ike. My friend and I would only be staying one night, and we don't want to sink a fortune into it just for over night. We are two ladies in our 50's and want to be safe and comfortable. Any hotel suggestions for us that won't break the bank? Thanks.

Edited to add that we will be there in mid April.

check out the

http://www.harborhousepier21.com

it is right next to the terminal....and if you have AAA you can get a good rate...or call and ask for specials usually over the phone you get better pricing.

and dont worry they are open, despite what the website says, there was even an article in the Dallas Newpaper stating this fact today!

We booked the Howard Johnson for the 28th of March. I have never stayed at this hotel but we got a good rate for a room that would hold 5 people. I'm sure you will need to book before that, but I would be glad to let you know how it was.

I just booked one night at the Hilton Inn which looks very nice and has great reviews on Tripadvisor. We paid $113 including taxes for 2 double bed room. I am happy with that! Its on the seawall and can see the gulf from the hotel. They also have a shuttle to the port according to their website.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Harbor House is right next to the cruise terminal. Sometimes if you call the hotel directly instead of using the internet you can get a good rate and only have to pay for one night. I would also try www.hotels.com although if you have to cancel for any reason you usually have to pay a $25 cancellation fee on that site. THe Howard Johnson's is down Harborside Drive almost to I-45. It's not in the best part of town, but if you don't plan to walk down the street at night you would be OK. The Hilton is a nice hotel although it is on Seawall Blvd. and you would have to take their shuttle or a taxi to the pier. I believe they do have a shuttle to take you to the pier. There are several hotels on the Seawall and most of those did not sustain any damage from Hurricane Ike. Check out www.galveston.com and it has a list of hotels and their websites. Good luck!

Archived